Let me preface by stating...... Im a VR convert. If I had a choice, I probably wouldnt be. If I could balance it out with flatscreen gaming, I'd happily do that but it's just not possible. After getting things set up properly the difference in experience is like going from a gameboy to a trackir computer setup. Sounds dramatic but........ with no VR support, microsoft 2020 will not be playable.

It blows me away how innovative and ahead of the curve this new sim seems to be. Knowing what we know, things are kind of pointing to the fact that this will be the new sim flagship..... nothing out now will be able to compete (presumably). For a cockpit centered game/sim, It's absolutely mind boggling that there won't be VR support on release.

If they want their sim to be future proof, VR support should have been built in from the beginning. The longer the platform goes without support, the more features and addons will have to tack VR on after the fact.

Asobo has stated they are keeping an eye on feedback and noting what feedback is in the forefront and what feedback is dying down. VR support should be, and stay, right in their face.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

They already said that they plan to add VR support later. But - as with all they do - they want to do it right, so it will take some time and effort. They spoke about that in the latest interview clip.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Upvote 5

It will come, worry not. 

It is a must have for many of us (not all)

(Btw:  If you don’t care about/for VR, please feel free to just close this page and move on)

Edited by irrics
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

They already said that they plan to add VR support later. But - as with all they do - they want to do it right, so it will take some time and effort. They spoke about that in the latest interview clip.

Actually, the statement was rather "colorful" and I'm not able to post it here verbatim.

something along the line of "...if we're going to do it at all, it won't be half-arsed."

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It was a bit odd that they said the clamour for VR support had died down as if people cared less about it all of a sudden.

Of course it is just that they have already responded and said they acknowledged the feedback and want to implement it that has resulted in less, "Will it have VR threads" 

The demand is still there and I hope Asobo don't require us to constantly make pointless threads reiterating our interest in a part of development to save it dropping off the priorities list.

Edited by Mucker
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Mucker said:

It was a bit odd that they said the clamour for VR support had died down as if people cared less about it all of a sudden.

My clamor level hasn't dropped one single bit - can't speak for others though.

• Like 3

Long live P3D if they do not tackle VR

Michael

• Like 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

3 hours ago, Damtired said:

Im a VR convert.

Hello, same here since 2012!

Dont panic, Asobo has very good experience with VR/AR i really believe we will get VR for FS2020 one day,

listen to this interview from 6:39 about VR in FS2020:

(i will fly it even without my VR googles  😁 i just looks too pretty!)

Edited by Nedo68
typo
  • Upvote 3

VR is not dying down. It is slowly and steadily heating up. Pimax will have 8K X out on December. Some people who have tried it said it’s out of this world. Microsoft would be making a big mistake if they thought VR is “dying down”.

And VR is really dying down in this sub as the moderator is killing it constantly, as we will see from the fate of this thread.

Edited by yanfeng12342000
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

No one is closing this thread, and it won't be closed as long as everyone remains civil in their comments.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yup, if no VR its no sale.  I dont care if I had every PMDG or FS Labs product running with 100 fps in the new sim with all the goodies in the preview videos, without VR its a no go for me.  I think the OP said it right,  its absolutely mind boggling how much thought and effort they put into this new sim with regards to scenery, weather, flight dynamics, but did not consider VR as necessary until the community spoke out asking for it.  C'mon guys DUHHH!!  If there was ever a pc application that absolutely just needed to have VR support it would be this new flight sim.  I honestly couldn't think of a better use for a VR headset than this new sim.   I hope they dont end up making us wait for VR by overcomplicating it, I think the simple VR implementation in P3D is perfectly sufficient and simple to use at least at first, I like being able to quickly switch VR on and off with one click too.  I'm worried they are going to make us wait because they have to "get it perfect".  

Edited by Pilot53
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

For me too VR is a must.  2 years ago I put my VR goggle on and I was hooked.  It is strange that the new flight sim wont have VR support at launch!  Very strange, I think it is due to the fact that the hardware required to use the new sim in VR with good frame rates (remember VR requires a lot more horsepower then monitor flying), is a few years away.  MS knows this and is therefore waiting for that time to come (hardware catching up to power VR flying) before they release a VR component for the new sim.

Bart

• Like 2