Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Joystick Calibration With Zibo 737

I am trying to set up the Zibo 737 in X-plane 11.40 to fly as close as possible to a real 737. In the setup linked here, https://www.fs-haaglanden.nl/Zibo%20Install%20Guide%20for%20V3.31+.pdf

it wants me to place the control response for the joystick from the 0 (zero) or most realistic to 100 (easiest).  Also no additional stability input to the right slider. 

My question is in moving the control response from 0 to 100, is the control feel of the 737 going to be realistic or just heavy and easy ? A very long time ago, (late 70s) I worked on the F-4E flight sim in the Air Force and the Control Loading, (stick feel) in the box (the sim) was always said to be Too Hard/ touchy to fly smoothly. It did not truly fly as well as the Real Jet. I can definitely say they were 100% correct. I personally got to fly the real jet for 1.5 hours and I can say the real bird was MUCH easier to fly and had a much better/stabile feel. I do think that some of this comes from the seat of the pants and the visual cues  you get in the real jet over the simulated inputs of the sim. All of my real flight time till that point had been general aviation single / multi engine recip.

So if there are any real world 737 drivers out there flying the Zibo mod in X-plane 11.40, what do you think about configuring you joystick responses to go from real to easy (0-100) setting?

Thanks

Terry

To everyone that took the time to read this post, thanks.

From the lack of comments, it must be that the Zibo mod 737 does not effect your normal X-Plane 11 settings.

I guess since that vast numbers of us will never get to the flight deck of the 737, knowing how the jet is suppose to feel is not as important as to flying to different airports around the world or what ever the reason we are sitting behind the computer screen.

Simulators can be great training tools if used correctly, and can also be great entertainment . How and why we use them is up to us to decide.

Thanks for your time,

Terry

Control response is primarily controlled by the flight model and not by some stick setting. Unless you're using stability assist to dampen out some input spikes.

A properly set up flight model will respond plusibly to control inputs. If you want the real deal, you will have to fly the real deal, or at least a ceritified level C/D simulator.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

2 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

To everyone that took the time to read this post, thanks.

From the lack of comments, it must be that the Zibo mod 737 does not effect your normal X-Plane 11 settings.

I guess since that vast numbers of us will never get to the flight deck of the 737, knowing how the jet is suppose to feel is not as important as to flying to different airports around the world or what ever the reason we are sitting behind the computer screen.

Simulators can be great training tools if used correctly, and can also be great entertainment . How and why we use them is up to us to decide.

Thanks for your time,

Terry

Terry,

For specific information about the ZIBO 737mod you find all the information you need on

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/384-zibo-b738-800-modified/

Regards
Jo va Bra

• Upvote 1

Sorry to have posted this problem in the X-Plane section of this forum. I did not know there was a dedicated Zibo forum over at X-plane. Thanks for the link.

Terry