Sign in to follow this  
FSMuseum

ACE Flight Sim Yoke: Extremely Disappointed

Hello all,

In January of this year, I had finally saved up enough spare change to afford something on the low end of a much better yoke for my flight simming: The ACE flight yoke.

I did my research on the company, and I had heard both positive and negative things, but it seemed all in all to be legitimate (if slower than advertised to deliver the product) and it was the only such product I could find that I could afford.

I had been talking with the company through their primary means of contact, Facebook, for several months asking questions and seeing what was possible. They had been very responsive and helpful in their answers.

I finally made the commitment, asked for a 747 style yoke, I transferred the money to them (about $500 USD), and they sent me an invoice with everything I specified and told me the lead time was two weeks.

It is now mid-way through November, and in this time my numerous attempts to contact the company have almost universally gone unanswered. Emails, addresses that don't exist, no Facebook response, and in the last year their website has been taken down too. Almost as soon as I paid, I stopped receiving answers to my questions.

The last correspondence I had was in August IIRC, they belayed to me that they were having trouble with the shipments of some components that were necessary and were considering offering me only a PARTIAL refund. They never specified how much this refund would be, and my immediate response to their message has since gone unanswered as well.

I had heard this was a legit company, however, I am feeling sincerely and utterly duped. I paid through an online transfer service, not PayPal, so I can't get my money back by force it seems. I am completely disappointed and out a significant amount of money that I could use towards much better things at this stage of my life.

Is there anything at all I can do here?

• Upvote 1

FS2004 Forever

Unfortunately you can't do anything...I have made order 11 month ago and still my order is't complete and it wont! I can't refund my money because I've payed via bank transfer. I have friend in Canada and he lives in Ontario.He had arrived at the address(which is in invoice).And there wasn't any company...Just a fake adress.

@Chris341, a sad tale and one that should serve as a warning to anyone ordering hardware from companies on the internet. Did they ask you to pay in full by back transfer or was that your decision?

The alarm bells should have been ringing if they did. I would insist on a credit card payment only. If they refuse then cancel and walk away. No reputable company or person would refuse that option. Pay a reasonable amount as a deposit to prove your genuine. The balance to be paid on their proof of posting or receipt by you.

At least that way you would only lose the deposit although it's likely your credit card company would refund you. I feel for you. There are some real low lifes in the world.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

There's nothing worse than someone else being wise after your event.

I've just crashed my car into a tree.

What you should have done is drive round the tree.

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

They are not good people....I have posted on this subject before.  I was lucky in that I live in the area.  I had police officer friends that were willing to follow up if I was to report them for Fraud.  I informed them of this and they immediately contacted me and sent me a product.  The unit arrived and was broken....I am sure what they sent me was known damaged.  I arranged to meet Ali at a shopping mall in the Toronto Area to exchange the control wheel.

Many many people have posted about them being scammers.....I and many others have posted here.  You mention in your post that you saw many complaints about this company being shady....Why not reach out to one of those people here on this site to ask about these experiences?  I am sorry that you are now stuck...These people need to be removed from Facebook as they are scammers.

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

Real crappy of them I purchased the 737 captains pro yoke it arrived on-time and as described. Real sad to see others not getting what they ordered from ACE 😞

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

I fought for my 737 yoke, finally got it after months of emails and frustration..

I did see somewhere around June that they were looking for a buyer for the company. I'm not surprised they took your money unfortunately. 

Cheers Josh Cliff