Sign in to follow this  
Guest payt

FSX trial weirdness

Guest payt

Hi all,Even though the new FSX trial demo runs pretty smoothly on my system, i do experience a weird glitch on it.- The cars on the road now will drive a bit, stop for a while, then drive again, stop, drive, etc. It's unbearable really.. lol. My suspicion is that it may have something to do with multicore-processors and the well-known timing-problems they sometimes experience as a result of programmers using the windows timing api (or somehting to that extend). I could be totally wrong, but i hope i'm still in time for the aces team to do something about it.- The blurries. They have mostly disappeared, but sometimes they will suddenly appear, only for FSX to slowly start loading textures again. Are we ever going to fly in a blurry-free environment in FSX?

Guest lukeharvest

I would imagine that it's a hardware issue. Not saying that your PC is rubbish but i know a guy who just spent $5000 on a new PC and got about 20 FPS with Max settings in FSX so it's most likely a CPU glitch.Either that or there's a bug or something got corrupted during the installation.Luke Harvest

Same problem here as well, amd athlon 2.2, geforce 6600, otherwise demo runs suprisingly well.Ian.

Guest nels

Same problem here and I do have a dual core. Apart from the bug the new build demo runs beautifully and looks fantastic.

Guest payt

I'm getting between 10 and 40 fps.Another issue i noticed is that there's no longer a doppler effect for the engine sounds, nor does there seem to be any omnidorectional sound anymore (different sounds for the front and rear of the airplane).