Sign in to follow this  
Guest YukonPete

How long before I can fly these planes in FSX

I see that some FS9 planes already is promised to be FSX compatible (FSD). I would like to know what is required and how long will the wait be before these addon planes can be run in FSX1) Level D 767 + FS2crew2) F1 ATR 72-500 + FS2crew 3) F1 T37 tweetieSince at least the two first are very complex I assume it's not possible to just import them in FSX. But are we talking about a patch within weeks. Or will a completely new product be developed.Particulary 1) is of interest for mesince I spent so much money on the product (printed manual + Fs2crew).BTW this also answersthe question on how long at least FS9 will remain on my system.

Guest Water Mango

You need to post these questions on the individual developer's websites... None of us here have those answers only the developer knows when they'll release updates/upgrades...

I agree, But the time for the patches will be measured in months, not weeks. Because of the changes in FSX this isn't going to be a quick process.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hey jfri,<>That pretty much depends on how that aircrafts complexity is implemented. If its using something like FSUIPC to achieve its more complicated features, then there's at least a good chance most/all of the aircrafts advanced systems will continue to work with the version of FSUIPC Pete is working on for FSX. If its doing some sort of undocumented BGL tricks (well undocumented by us anyway :-> ), then its possible those features may not work anymore (hard for us to be backwards compatible with items we never made external in the first place :-> ).There have been reports from various beta and demo users who have successfully imported quite a number of existing FS9 aircraft (although I agree the ones you mention are probably among those that can't just be simply imported :-> ).As to how long before these updates/patches become available, that pretty much depends on the individual 3rd party devs. Do they do some quick tweaks to their existing FS9 aircraft to make them more FSX compatible, or do they take the extra time to enhance the aircraft with FSX specific new features (bump maps, specular highlight maps, higher res textures, etc). Or do they start over with entirely new models targeted towards FSX optimizations (whatever those might turn out to be :-> ). Also, how much time do they spend updating older products to be more FSX compatible vs how much time do they spend working on "brand new even better than before never thought of" addons :->Tim

Yes all the indications are that it is going to be months before there will be LDS, PMDG and comparable addons for FSX. A good reason not to be lining up for FSX on the day of release.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

My advice: Don't delete FS9 off your system when you get FSX.They co-exist quite well.Until we have the final release in hands, I can't say anything with 100 percent certainty regarding the time required to produce FS2Crew FSX conversions. All I can say is FSX is pretty good and FS2Crew looks forward to working within it.Cheers,Bryan

Guest YukonPete

If you where around when FS2004 was released it took the developers 3 to 6 months after the release before the patches started showing up. And I am sure it will be the same kind of times with FSX.Pete