Sign in to follow this  
jeremyc172

Adding ONE repaint removes the entire aircraft from the menu

Hey all, I'm trying to help my friend install a repaint for this freeware Q400 (downloadable here) but we keep running into a problem where once the repaint is added to the .cfg and he tries to select it in FSX, the entirety of the Q400 repaints he has installed already are completely gone.

Normally, the Q400 appears in the menu as such:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AE5zk4hcmMz3EdP7suvDf_Yq1oz-FwZH/view?usp=sharing

However, after installing this ONE repaint (we have not edited, added or removed anything else other than the repaint's entry into the .CFG) the ENTIRE AIRCRAFT disappears completely from the aircraft selection menu in FSX. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vig_T_tGjvZN4_U4sauXWYaKNBKVIIVM/view?usp=sharing

Here is a copy of that specific Q400's .CFG.  The only thing we're actually doing is adding an entry to the .cfg.  Yes, we're saving it as .cfg when we save the edits.  Nothing else is changed, and yet the aircraft completely disappears from the menu.

Has anyone got any idea what could be causing this?

Edited by jeremyc172

Hello,

the file you attached is a txt file.

Please make sure that you have disabled "Hide extensions for known file types" in Windows File Explorer,

otherwise you will probably be saving the file as aircraft.txt.cfg which the simulator cannot see.

Edited by Reader

On 11/17/2019 at 3:37 PM, Reader said:

Hello,

the file you attached is a txt file.

Please make sure that you have disabled "Hide extensions for known file types" in Windows File Explorer,

otherwise you will probably be saving the file as aircraft.txt.cfg which the simulator cannot see.

I believe we saved it as aircraft.cfg in the aircraft folder; we just changed it to aircraft.txt to avoid having problems while uploading the file to Google Drive.  I'll have to check later.