Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Problems with new BKK/VTBS Scenery

Guest flightjunkie

Hi, everyone:Has anyone had issues with the new BKK/VTBS scenery?For me, the airport buildings and tower appear fine, but the taxiways and runways appear "submerged" under a some green textures and don't appear.Looking at the instructions, I don't see anything specific about having to do something extra to configure the scenery.Help!Thanks!

I have been working with that scenery for a few days now. I found some strange behaviour that I don't understand. If I just install the scenery, and leave the AFCAD part of it (afcad-vtbs.bgl) in the same folder it works fine. But I wanted to do the ILS approaches for it, so I did and put that in the scenerygenericscenery folder. When I did that, the AFCAD data wouldn't show any longer, even though the actual AFCAD was still in the VTBS folder. So I played around every which way, and can't figure out why it does that. But, in my playing around, I found that the file gen1_exc.bgl is a FS2k2 SCASM-style exclude, and that file is causing the AFCAD data to be excluded. I didn't think it could do that, but it does. I replaced it with an FS9-style exclude, and now I don't have the disappearing runways and taxiways.Meanwhile, I found that there is a file GEN6.bgl, as far as I can tell, this file serves no purpose and I deactivated it. I also made some changes in the taxisign file vtbs_PSN.bgl.I think maybe the source of the problem is that vtbs is not in any of the default AP9 files, and this causes things to work a little differently.As a test, try deactivating (change the bgl extension to something else) the file gen1_exc.bgl and see if your AFCAD data is now showing. If that works, I can give you a replacement exclude file. An alternative is to move the file afcad-vtbs.bgl to a scenery folder of equal or higher priority than the vtbs scenery. Note also there is a revised AFCAD that was uploaded a couple days ago. I also have edited the AFCAD, and haven't had a chance yet to compare mine with the one that was uploaded. I have moved all my airline traffic from VTBD to VTBS, and I noticed aircraft back-taxiing on runway 1L, so I guess there might need to be some taxi path work.scott s..

Had the same issue.A suggestion on the forums where it is distributed was to add a flatten command:Flatten.0=5.0,N13 39.15,E100 45.32,N13 39.55,E100 43.65,N13 42.90,E100 44.76,N13 42.54,E100 46.30Worked for me.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

I went through this same ordela last week and it was not easy to get around.- First of all, use the exclude file provided above.- Second, de-install any VTBD scenery you might have installed.- Third, de-install any scenery related to VTBS that comes with any of Jan Martin's Jetways packages (they conflict).- Then, install the VTBS2006 scenery (leave the AFCAD file inside the scenery folder).- Check your scenery and if everything is OK, you can proceed to install VTBD2006, although i see no point in that since all traffic from VTBD now goes to VTBS (except cargo I think).Good luck! Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I did some testing with flattens, and didn't see that that made any difference. The scenery uses FS2k2-style flatten in Area16N format in file elev.bgl. I tried replacing it with an FS9-style LWM flatten, and that didn't have any effect.It is true that if flattens are off, that will cause disappearing runways.scott s..