Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nascar_Perry

I want ATC to direct me to a SPECIFIC gate

Guest Nascar_Perry

Hey guys, I have a WestJet 737 that I normally park at gate B22-Terminal 3 at CYYZ Pearson Airport as the real aircraft does, I would like to know what I need to do to make sure ATC Directs me to that specific Gate all the time I ask, as well as I also want to make that gate reserved for my aircraft (no AI aircraft will ever park there)*I am currently using Traffic2005 and also have Ultimate Traffic available is one or the other is easier to conigure

You can use AFCAD to assign that particular gate an airline code, and then also modify the aircraft.cfg "parking code" line to match. ATC will then keep the AI out and reserve the gate for you specifically. I've done it and I know it works, but I'm not sitting in front of my FS computer right now so I can't be any more specific without some research. Let me know if you have trouble and I can dig up some more specific instructions.I will say that from my own experimentation, it apparently doesn't matter that you use actual airline codes, so long as the gate and the aircraft use the same code. I tried "JIM" as a code once and it seemed to work :) .Jim

Guest Nascar_Perry

So Far setting up the AFCAD codes was no sweat, Adding the Parking Codes to my aircraft (PMDG 737-700) was no problem as well, a program called Parking Manager sees this addition perfectly, yet when asking to Taxi to a gate or "Stand" as it aparently says, I still get directed to stand B8 or 256, etc. and not B22.I am still trying a few things out, if you have anyother input, that would be great.So Far, I have assigned AFCAD parking to a couple of Traffic2005 aircraft at YYZ as well with no issue, they use the gates assigned with no problems, just I have a stuborn ATC.Toronto Pearson YYZ Airport is also a Simflyers Airport if this helps a little.*** I have included a screenshot of the AFCAD setup I am using

Guest archtx

It should work as Jim says. I have done it also. Are you sure the parking spot matches the size requirement for the plane you wish to park?

Guest Nascar_Perry

They should, I am parking a 737-700 Winglet in a Gate-Med spot. the same spot Westjet uses in real life

Hi,The parking code technique will only work when the airport is otherwise full (i.e. AI aircraft fill most (or more likely) all of the other spots. The parking code is NOT used for the user aircraft - only to keep AI aircraft out of that spot. If there are other open spots, it's likely you will be told to park there instead.If you want ATC to direct you to that spot, set the radius of your plane to a value smaller than the AI aircraft, and set B22's radius only slightly larger (but smaller than other gates). Also set it's code to something unusual (like XXX) to keep AI aircraft out of it. You will then be given B22 almost every time.You can set the radius of your plane in AFCAD's Tools/Aircraft Editor.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Nascar_Perry

AN UPDATE ON PROGRESS......So far no options working,I used Edwards AFB as a testbed because it has no parking gates, I setup 5 total parking areas well seperated from eachother, two ramps, Medium and Heavy, and three Gates, Small, Med, Heavy. and tried labling them for Air Force Aircraft but alternating my Code ROBP for each try (5 FS Restarts in otherwords) each time to no success. I get directed to every gate BUT the one I have set for me.Tom's Idea.... Changing the Radius.The PMDG 737 is set to 21M Radius, so I set it to 57M being I set my Parking Gate to 58.83M (smaller then the others)... well, not only did I have a teeny tiny Preview pic in the MSFS Main Window. lol ( I don't understand it either, 57 is SUPPOSED to be bigger then 21) when on the taxiway asking to park, I have no parking options as if I am to small for any gates there.Any ideas? ** I only hope FSX is more easier to edit then this. lol

Guest Nascar_Perry

I think I may have it, so far the first few Times I have been getting the correct gate.Another question is does anyone have the info or know which gates each airline uses for CYYZ Toronto Pearson for Terminal 1 (OLD) Terminal 2 and 3? As well as the IFT (Infield Terminal)Thanks

>The PMDG 737 is set to 21M Radius, so I set it to 57M being I>set my Parking Gate to 58.83M (smaller then the others)...>well, not only did I have a teeny tiny Preview pic in the MSFS>Main Window. lol ( I don't understand it either, 57 is>SUPPOSED to be bigger then 21) when on the taxiway asking to>park, I have no parking options as if I am to small for any>gates there.You are effectively moving your "eyepoint" out to 57m, so of course the a/c will look smaller! ;)Go the other direction... smaller numbers!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>The PMDG 737 is set to 21M Radius, so I set it to 57M being I>set my Parking Gate to 58.83M (smaller then the others)...>well, not only did I have a teeny tiny Preview pic in the MSFS>Main Window. lol ( I don't understand it either, 57 is>SUPPOSED to be bigger then 21) when on the taxiway asking to>park, I have no parking options as if I am to small for any>gates there.You are effectively moving your "eyepoint" out to 57m, so of course the a/c will look smaller! ;)Go the other direction... smaller numbers!

What the hell's with all the ">'s"?

What the hell's with all the ">'s"?

Guess the formatting was different NINE years ago.

...not to mention the timestamps run backwards.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Another thread back from the dead.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Great question and I am happy that this issue is being discussed.

Well, it was being discussed nine years ago Paul.

I've split your question to a new topic, because I'm throwing a lock on this one.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator