Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

Scenic flights in MSFS

Okavango Delta

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, greggerm said:

...yikes. Just a bit of windy landing practice. 🙂

Ya think!  Flew the Piper Cub a lot at that time and was probably doing about 25-30 kts ground speed over the threshold.  Surreal.  But that was all I knew for many years, so to me it was completely normal.

• Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

For me its the familiarity issue as well.  I've seen a fair amount of the US from ground level and Id really like to fly over an accurate representation of some of those same areas.

I'm one of those who regularly remembers the past by viewing google maps.  Its amazing to see how much some things have changed (and sad to see when many of your old homes are now completely gone)(but time marches on)

anyway...scenic to me include areas all along the Appalachians and I want to see the Badlands and I will definitely take off from KRAP and head west passed the four guys on a hill and then on to Devils Tower and Gillette and Cody (whichever comes first - cant remember) and then I'll decide from there.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

11 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Ya think!  Flew the Piper Cub a lot at that time and was probably doing about 25-30 kts ground speed over the threshold.  Surreal.  But that was all I knew for many years, so to me it was completely normal.

well at least,the Cub was not flying backward which would have been really annoying. 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I suspect that flying fron Sharm El Sheikh in the Straits of Tiran to Jerusalem through Eilat shoud be really stunning.  

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I made a rough initial plan for my Europe Tour (+ some North Africa). I'd like to see Kirkufell (Island), Suez, Pyramids and Nile (Egypt), somewhere around Israel, Cliffs of Moher (Irland), Courchevel (France), Lake Bled (Slovenia), Port Isaac (The shooting location of Doc Martin TV series, UK), Hallstatt (Vienna), Gibraltar, Paris, Amalfi Coast near Napples (Italy), Fjords in Norway, Lisbon, Amsterdam ... My route is now over 20000km so it's gonna take a few weeks I am afraid...

Any suggestions for must see places in Europe are welcome.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800x3d | 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | RTX 3080 | 3440x1440

Great thread! Keep it coming!

I really hope flying in MSFS will be like that. It would be a dream coming true. Just go anywhere in the world and enjoy the scenery from above as it really looks. Without having to think about if you have a proper addon scenery for that part of the world. 

While being quite confident that it will work out like that regarding the scenic flights themselves, we also have to takeoff and land somewhere, and I am still a little skeptic in that regard. We really need to see the default airports.

I’ve got two plans sort of in my head (both of which will probably only last for the first one or two legs). 1 is to fly from Carlisle to Manchester vfr in a small, slow plane. Then from Manchester to heathrow in something a bit faster (ideally an sr22, but I don’t know if there are/ will be any decent versions of those?). Then London to Boston in the 747. Then I will fly over all of the nfl stadiums somehow. 

2nd one is similar but all of the f1 tracks around Europe, current and old. 

From Lake Hood, Anchorage, to a beach at Lake Clark or Katmai NP and look if bears are included in MSFS.

Here's one for your notes.

Central American volcano tour -- start at MROC, head northwest past Arenal volcano (a very nice cone), head north to Lake Nicaragua, with the Solentiname Islands (artist colony) and north to the two volcanic cones sticking oddly out of the water.  Then head northwest toward Managua and more volcanoes, including two low-altitude ones that you might miss.  Then over Lake Managua, you should find (if the mesh is any good) Momotombito, which is a small little cone sticking out of the lake, and then it's daddy, Momotombo, a big volcano on the northwest side of the lake.

You can then proceed up the chain of volcanoes to the Golfo de Fonseca (pretty panoramic at low level) and into El Salvador and even Guatemala if you want.  Land at MGGT.  Observe the big volcano near MGGT.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Stunning is in the eye of the beholder.  Let me propose something unusual (maybe a little nerd), almost magical though as some of the city names are legendary. One long, very long flight I've always dreamt to do in the sim would be something like :

From China : Xi'an > Langzhou>Zhange> Duanhuang> Kashgar ( by the North or the South of the desert)>

To Uzbekistan : Samarkand>Bukhara>

To Iran : Meshhed> Teheran>Ekbatana>

To Irak Bagdad>

To Syria  : Palmyra> Antioch>

To Turkey  : Istanbul>

To Greece  : Athens>

To Italy  :   Venice !

Of course Venice, the end of the Silk road. I hope that Asobo will not disappoint us and we will be able cross these forgotten territories ! Stunning, you bet , most of the way at least !

What aircraft ? For speed, the closest of a Bactrian camel is the Cub :laugh:. Maybe something faster like the TBM ? 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 3

Dominique

Because there are animals modeled in the new sim (birds, giraffes, etc.), I need to avoid flying where a tarantula might crawl into the cockpit if I make an emergency landing. I'm terrified of those things. And I'm NOT buying any third-party tarantula add-ons. However, I'm not so afraid of snakes. So I might buy a Snakes-On-A-Plane add-on and happily fly over snake-infested areas of the world.

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

48 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

From Lake Hood, Anchorage, to a beach at Lake Clark or Katmai NP and look if bears are included in MSFS.

Lake Clark Pass and Merrill Pass are a couple of my favorite routes.

xGd16.jpg

• Like 2

@Mace I would include Tegucigalpa Toncontin amazing circling approach near the end of your tour, and the last flight from Toncontin to Guatemala city RW02 to see the volcanos on approach!