Sign in to follow this  

FSX Demo and Track IR

Guest Leafhopper

Anyone get track IR to work with demo? Mine doesn't.

Guest nels

I'm just about to purchase Track IR 4 Pro for the demo / final release and would love to know if this works okay too.Nels

Guest Leafhopper

I'm not buying FSX until I know for sure that Track IR is supported. I am assuming it will be, but I want to know for sure. Not Track IR support No FSX!

Guest Speed

There is a new driver on their website that supports the FSX beta. Unfortunately it doesnt work for my trackir2 but i believe they already support fsx for trackir4.

Guest Leafhopper

Okay, I found the update and it supports Track IR 3 and 4 for FSX, but not the demo - MS left it out! FX final will have it though. Whew! I can't sim without it!

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Yep, the demo has certain connections disabled at the software level. Thus the TrackIR and some other 3rd party hardware will not function with it. We have been working with Microsoft, and have had working drivers for every version of the Beta software. We fully expect to have support for FSX on release day, or shortly there after.

Guest Leafhopper

Yes, that is demo 2!

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Yep, both demo versions are incompatible with the TrackIR software drivers, i.e. ain't ever going to work. :-(

its cool but it gives me a headache most of the time. it tracks so fast. i wonder if there is a way to slow that scroll speed down? i just move my head a little tad and it moves 60 degrees in the cockpit. its hard to land with it due to the constant quick movement.

Been there and can't find anything about it and don't have the patience for sitting down for 2 hours and figuring it out. The link you sent is just a basic forums main link so no joy on anything at that link. Thanks anyway.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Editing Profiles To optimize the performance of the TrackIR, users can customize profiles to best suit the needs of a particular game or group of games. Profiles are a powerful way to help you get the most out of your TrackIR as you become more familiar with it. In order to edit a profile, select it from the list of profiles in the Profiles Tab of the main TrackIR software window, then click on the Edit button which will launch the Edit Profile window. 5.3.4.1 Selecting the Tracking mode The tracking mode that the TrackIR software is operating in determines whether just Pitch and Yaw (2DOF) or full 6DOF (Pitch, Yaw, Roll, X, Y, X) are available for view control. The tracking mode is controlled by the "Tracking Type" radio button on the Motion Tab of the Edit Profile window. For more information about tracking modes, see Section Section 4.2 Note : This setting is stored on a per-profile basis. To change the tracking mode you must have a profile open for edit. For details on how to edit a profile, please see Section 5.3.3 5.3.4.2 Editing Acceleration Curves (Adjusting Speed) Each Axis of head movement that the TrackIR software is able to track can be adjusted to have a faster and slower response to your real head movement. The TrackIR software uses an Acceleration Curve to amplify your real head movement, this allows complete control of the in-game view with only a few degrees of head movement. Changing the Acceleration Curve for an Axis allows you to fine-tune the amount of head movement used to control your view, it also be used to create Dead-Zones which help keep the view stable for types of use like Flight Simulation combat. Hint : You can preview the effects of your changes in both the "Heads" and "Gauges" pop-up windows while you are using the Curve Editor. This will help you understand the how the changes affect your view control motion. You can find out more about these windows in Section 5.5.3 and Section 5.5.4 In order change an Acceleration Curve, you need to open the Acceleration Curve editor. This is done by selecting (clicking once) the Axis you wish to edit from the Axis list and pressing the "Edit" button in the Motion Tab of the Edit Profile Window (you must have a profile open for edit). The Acceleration Curve editor has a graph which displays how much the motion for the Axis is amplified. The horizontal center of the graph is the origin of the Axis, this corresponds to the "Center" of your head movement that is set by pressing the Center Hotkey. Head movement away from the center of the Axis is represented as moving left or right from the origin on the graph. The control points on the graph allow you to edit the curve by clicking and dragging the points, or by using the Position and Value controls to select and change the values of individual edit points. Moving a point "up" on the graph will increase the amount of amplification for head movement. Moving a point "down" on the graph will reduce the amount of amplification, moving a point to the bottom of the graph (zero) will prevent head movement from being sent to the TrackIR Enhanced Title while your head is within that area of the Axis. Presets, which can be loaded using the Acceleration drop-down list, should cover basic tracking needs. The Copy button and drop-down list can be used to copy your Acceleration curve to other Axes. Note : As the speed of view control is increased or decreased, you may wish to adjust the amount of smoothing that is used. Increasing the speed will often require an increase in the amount of smoothing to ensure that the view control remains stable and smooth. For details on how to change the smoothing amount, see Section 5.5.6.2

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Ok, I hear that you all might enjoy new drivers for FSX and TrackIR.......... I've just released drivers to our website with support for FSX - retail version. They can be found here. http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-sup...nd-manuals.htmlOr downloaded directly from the following link.http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/Tra...29.alpha.03.exeand now sit back and enjoy the flight.