Sign in to follow this  
Guest robmuzz

FSX Pushback

Guest bennyboy

If you have airport ground vehicles turned up in the FSX settings you can see pushback tugs, amongst others. Hitting shift+P just makes the aircraft go back like it did in FS9, does anyone know if the pushback tugs actually do anything? I recall reading somewhere that you can call up a pushback in FSX, or was I mistaken?

Nope - once you have airport vehicles enabled hitting SHIFT+P will call the truck which will attach to your nose wheel to push you back.Etienne

Does that include any conversation between cockpit and ground personnel or is it simply hit the key and you get pushed back with no further ado ?Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

There is no ground communication, although it would be possible for someone to use Simconnect to do this.

>There is no ground communication, although it would be>possible for someone to use Simconnect to do this.yes this would be alot of fun...if we would have to call for refueling over the radio as well, that way you could always set your defualt flight to load your aircraft with zero fuel and be forced to always wait for the gas guy to hook you up:-)Dave

How about real deicing procedures. THAT would be cool.

There are deicing trucks around but I can't remember seeing them do anything worth to mention.Etienne

Is it possible to substitute or paint pushback trucks which would suit the size of aircraft or particular airport hub?

That would be great, if SimConnect gave us all the required functionality for that. We could then even add all sorts of accents and languages. Need to see first what can be done with SimConnect.Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Wauw ... That's interresting.I'm sure I'll update my Groundhandling package to FSX, using these new features.Unfortunately FSX isn't available in the Netherlands yet :-(Cheers, Rob

Guest robmuzz

I stopped the CRJ in the demo2 and the baggage loader came to me, and then baggage cart... BUT they are the wrong side for the loading door!!! Has anyone seen this?..I had a look at the aircraft file for the CRJ, but I can't see a variable to swap sides, just type & position fore/back up/down :(