Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Eaglesoft Citation Excel out

For FSX and 32bit p3d for now.

About 120 bucks

https://www.eaglesoftdg.com/xlsplusG3.htm#

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One of two reviews on the Eaglesoft site for this aircraft talks about a Garmin 1000 cockpit where the sales info talks about a ProLine21.......Unless both are included?

For anyone that has bout this are there any rw pilots who can comment on how good either/both of these cockpits are replicated?

Should both be included - The PL21 done to the level of the Milviz KingAir 350 and the G1000 done to the level of the X-P11 TBM900 then this product would be well worth $120 and then some.

• Like 1

Eaglesoft hasn't released anything fresh in, like what?, 15 years? They ported their Citation X over to FSX - I bought it....and it looks exactly like an FS9 plane. And now they come out of the gate swinging, with a.....32Bit release that costs as much as the FSLabs' A320?

Color me skeptical.....

So where are all the complaints regarding cost that come with every release from certain high end developers?

David Porrett

Honestly I'm sure the systems modelling is great and justifies the price (if we're comparing to other full fidelity sim aircraft).

Coming out with a product only compatible with 32bit in 2019? with MSFS 2020 around the corner? and not being compatible with Navigraph? Those are the dealbreakers.

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

Reality Check Time: Any company that invests heavily in product development for many years and finally reaches RTM would be insane to not release their product.

Despite what many here and elsewhere believe, there are still many simmers who are still using FSX, FSX:SE and Prepar3D v1, v2 and v3.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I wish Eaglesoft the best and hope that customers will purchase the 32bit version, I for one have moved on the 64bit for a very long time, and was surprised by Eaglesoft's decision to stick to 32bit.

@n4gix I recall seeing a survey somewhere (FSElite?) where the % of people using 32Bit sim as much lower than 64 bit... but again, I understand the need to get this out and hope that we will see the P3DV4 version sooner than later....

As far as the price goes, if this simulates systems as advertised, I dont have a problem paying a steeper price for this, as the developers have spent countless hours getting this product to simulate complex systems and avionics. I hope that the sounds are up to par with other complex add on such as FSL, etc.

Cant wait to see this product in P3DV4

Take care,

John

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, StAgre said:

Coming out with a product only compatible with 32bit in 2019? with MSFS 2020 around the corner? and not being compatible with Navigraph?  Those are the dealbreakers.

It's not compatible with Navigraph?  The Eaglesoft Citation X is compatible.  A 32-bit version only is not a dealbreaker (I still use FSX:SE myself) but no Navigraph would be very hard to swallow at that price point.

Apparently customers are having issues with the database:

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=311

• Upvote 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

10 minutes ago, BF Bullpup said:

It's not compatible with Navigraph?  The Eaglesoft Citation X is compatible.  A 32-bit version only is not a dealbreaker (I still use FSX:SE myself) but no Navigraph would be very hard to swallow at that price point.

Apparently customers are having issues with the database:

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=311

I'm the only one that has that issue and it is being sorted at the moment. Extremely happy with the response from their support tbh....

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

8 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

I'm the only one that has that issue and it is being sorted at the moment. Extremely happy with the response from their support tbh....

G

Any chance you could post some screenshots or a mini review?

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

This is a weird release: no preview videos, screenshots, reviews.....Youtube should be hoppin' with first impression stuff.

And, yeah, please post screenshots, etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, et31 said:

Any chance you could post some screenshots or a mini review?

I will probably do a review once the issue I have is sorted and I have a few flights in, will be doing it in a separate thread though - so thoughts about the actual aircraft are not drowned out in comments about NaviGraph.....

... for what it's worth as much as I tend to rave about the ES C750 I didn't like the CJ1+, so will be taking my time to ensure I get  a fair impression. Would also point out that since I am not a real world pilot I tend to end up doing daft stuff in the FMS and breaking things, so if I do pop up on the ES forums saying something isn't happening as I expect then it's probably because the beta testers had a clue what they were doing !!! 😉

G

35 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

I will probably do a review once the issue I have is sorted and I have a few flights in, will be doing it in a separate thread though - so thoughts about the actual aircraft are not drowned out in comments about NaviGraph.....

... for what it's worth as much as I tend to rave about the ES C750 I didn't like the CJ1+, so will be taking my time to ensure I get  a fair impression. Would also point out that since I am not a real world pilot I tend to end up doing daft stuff in the FMS and breaking things, so if I do pop up on the ES forums saying something isn't happening as I expect then it's probably because the beta testers had a clue what they were doing !!! 😉

G

Can you at least post a few screenshots? ,Especially of the virtual cockpit which, IMHO, has always been Eaglesoft's weak point.

Edited by Ricardo41

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Can you at least post a few screenshots? ,Especially of the virtual cockpit which, IMHO, has always been Eaglesoft's weak point.

Will try and get some done tonight when (hopefully) it's all working and I have ChasePlane set up for it.

Find the textures quite minimalistic, hard to describe - but if you imagine a scale with Caranado at one end (I find them overdone) and RealAir in the middle, then they'd be the opposite end to Caranado. Not a bad thing, just different - hope it comes out in the screenshots...... oh and zoom in to buttons and it is all very sharp!

..... couple of other points -  she's lovely to fly and decent frame rate on my achingly old system. Hopefully FMS data will be sorted this afternoon and I will get a couple of flights in, and a few screenshots with a view to posting my full opinion (aka review) next week.

G

• Like 1