Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ released for P3D v3

7 minutes ago, N400QW said:

You are kidding right? Vendors and developers are expected to do whatever the vocal minority/majoritysays they should do?

Sorry but we will make business decisions based on precisely what we determine to be best for all concerned.

What makes using the RealNav DB best for all concerned? I’m genuinely curious. It seems like an inferior product compared to Navigraph. 

6 minutes ago, N400QW said:

Folks claim to want the highest and best in the corporate world but sniff at the pricing levels. That's not a realistic view...😉

Just noticed Navigraph has gone to a subscription system at near $100.00 or more per year. Real Nav might look better at $40.00 per year.

Navigraph does monthly updates and includes charts, apps, integration with SimBrief, and more is coming. 

6 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

$119.95. Too rich for my blood.😮

Understood Bill.

14 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

What makes using the RealNav DB best for all concerned? I’m genuinely curious. It seems like an inferior product compared to Navigraph. 

First Real Nav DB is used and usable in RW Training Applications while Navigraph is not. That speaks to unsurpassed accuracy for RN..

Pricing is another consideration...

Edited by N400QW

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

But for a non professional simmer/entertainment how important is RN? Not very. I and perhaps a vast majority are not I would believe. I have no proof of that though.

I was about to purchase it, even at that price level.  I guess I have enough expensive hobbies that this price does not blow me away.  But, then again, I am insane.

My real concern that it is for 32 bit.  Since I have not used FSX in over a year, I uninstalled it.  Ditto P3d v3.  And I am slow adopter -- it took me over a year to switch to P3d v4.

I guess it would be less painful if ESDC offered both the 32 bit and the 64 bit for that price.  Still would not make a difference to me since my 32 bit simulators are pretty much gone for good.

I have no problem with paying a price this high as long as the avionics and flight dynamics are realistic. As a cockpit builder I am most interested in 2d popups (both PFD's, MFD's, and CDU's) as well as button and knob integration. Can there be any confirmation on this?

46 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

$119.95. Too rich for my blood.😮

Yea, I have to say it is the same for me, especially for an aircraft in a dated platform. I wonder what the cost will be for 64 bit. Does the model even include failures, programmable and random?

Dan Scott

1 hour ago, N400QW said:

Just noticed Navigraph has gone to a subscription system at near $100.00 or more per year.

Navigraph just backtracked on that decision and kept things they way they were.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, tjstreak said:

I was about to purchase it, even at that price level.  I guess I have enough expensive hobbies that this price does not blow me away.  But, then again, I am insane.

My real concern that it is for 32 bit.  Since I have not used FSX in over a year, I uninstalled it.  Ditto P3d v3.  And I am slow adopter -- it took me over a year to switch to P3d v4.

I guess it would be less painful if ESDC offered both the 32 bit and the 64 bit for that price.  Still would not make a difference to me since my 32 bit simulators are pretty much gone for good.

Exactly our thoughts. We are seriously looking at the possible adaptation of 32 Bit into the 64 Bit version so that simmers can have best of both at one pricepoint not two.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It's been a long time since my last purchase from Eaglesoft. I've just visited what I thought was their website but the were a couple of observations that made me wonder if it is their genuine site. The pictures of the two 'reviewers' are stock pictures, and the telephone number starts with 555.

https://www.eaglesoftdg.com/xlsplusG3.htm

Is this the correct site?

Paul Edwards

23 minutes ago, kyouls said:

I have no problem with paying a price this high as long as the avionics and flight dynamics are realistic. As a cockpit builder I am most interested in 2d popups (both PFD's, MFD's, and CDU's) as well as button and knob integration. Can there be any confirmation on this?

No plans for Cockpit Builders but there are some Popups.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

1 minute ago, pedwards said:

It's been a long time since my last purchase from Eaglesoft. I've just visited what I thought was their website but the were a couple of observations that made me wonder if it is their genuine site. The pictures of the two 'reviewers' are stock pictures, and the telephone number starts with 555.

https://www.eaglesoftdg.com/xlsplusG3.htm

Is this the correct site?

Yes it is the correct site.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron, it would be nice to showcase some refreshed 'finished product' shots.  There's still development pics in the gallery.  People want to see the meat of the matter....the PL21 PFD/MFD, FMS, cockpit textures etc etc.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |