Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ released for P3D v3

Congratulations on getting this to market.

As much as I would love to purchase this (as I need a good business jet in the hangar)....I wont be, even the P3DV4 version.
It's not due to price as I can fully appreciate the time involved in the production and I would be happy to depart with the cash.

The 2 main problems I see are:

1. the Nav data base. What was the thinking here?. Would it be reasonable to assume that any simmer willing to part with this much money for a Study level product would also expect it to include an airac cycle updatable nav data base? Would it not also be reasonable to assume that it is most likely that those simmers already have a nav subscription to the likes of Navigraph?
    So not only do I now have to maintain my Navigraph charts/nav subscription but also my orphan XLS Real Nav at an extra $40 a year. No thanks.
  2. MS2020 is just around the corner and, if the blurb is correct, many complex add ons wont work. Even if Eaglesoft decided to make it compatible, their lengthy development times would leave me with an unusable product for a very long time.

Edited by cowpatz
Typo corrections
  • Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Ron, it would be nice to showcase some refreshed 'finished product' shots.  There's still development pics in the gallery.  People want to see the meat of the matter....the PL21 PFD/MFD, FMS, cockpit textures etc etc.

I asked in an earlier post if we could have pictures but no reply. That’s exactly what I want to see. You would think they would be excited to showcase images of what must have been an absolutely huge effort to get it to release.

If we are willing to pay the price it would be nice to see some final images. Waiting for this first.

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

Ron,

I have a couple of your FS2004 products, most notably the Citation ii extreme.  I still fly it and love it.  It only satisfies an occasional whim though. I also recognise (obviously) that there is a market, albeit small, for the 32bit products and for those constant users, I applaud your latest release.

I will certainly NOT be buying it because I have not flown FSX or FSX-SE in four or five years and moved from FS2004 directly to XPlane 10/11 and P3Dv4. I am however, very much in the market for the P3Dv4 or 5 version when it launches.  I am wondering however, in relation to the USD119.99 complaints, if the discount advertised in the discounts page is going to be applicable.  Given that that discount IS GOING to expire on the 30th of April 2015 repeat 2015, I somehow doubt it... It would make the price more appealing though. Having said that, tongue in cheek, I would sincerely hope that all renditions of this new aircraft are more up to date than the discounts page. This is in fact, almost as slow as my internet which features Hawaii becoming a State of the USA as breaking news.

So I wish you well with the new baby and lose no haste releasing the 64bit version please.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

14 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Price is a bit up there.  If they have news to share about the new sim I'll likely be interested.  But really I'll be waiting for the C750.

Yes, that equates to nearly $180 Australian dollars.  In light of being only 32bit, no definative answer on 64bit version release and MSFS in development it does make it hard to buy this. The offer by another developer to credit a current purchase of their aircraft towards an eventual MSFS version does make more business sense and more likely to still have simmers purchase a 64bit version now.  I'm in a holding pattern on p3d v4 purchases as well as I just cannot see anything coming along that compells me to buy and I have a Lear 35 and Falcon 50 from a great developer.

Edited by YMMB

5 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Navigraph just backtracked on that decision and kept things they way they were.

Do you have any evidence of this?  My account has been updated to the Ultimate and, as of two minutes ago, new subscribers cannot purchase Charts and FMC data separately.  The current cost is 8.30 euros per month or 74.90 euros per year.

Tom

1 hour ago, et31 said:

I asked in an earlier post if we could have pictures but no reply. That’s exactly what I want to see. You would think they would be excited to showcase images of what must have been an absolutely huge effort to get it to release.

If we are willing to pay the price it would be nice to see some final images. Waiting for this first.

Fellows, we are exhausted at the moment but will try to have something for you all by Saturday or Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Was looking forward to this for p3dv4. Although the price is high, we have a shortage of business jets so I can live with that.

The no navigraph support is the deal breaker though. Unfortunately, have to forget about this despite years of anticipation. Hope you re-consider your navigraph decision in the future. Good luck!

• Like 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

55 minutes ago, N400QW said:

Fellows, we are exhausted at the moment but will try to have something for you all by Saturday or Sunday.

It's going to take you a WEEK to take some screen grabs and post them? Seriously?!

By the way, for those that don't know, Mindstar and RealNav are the same people. If you don't believe me, check out the addresses:
https://www.mindstaraviation.com/contact.html  &  http://www.realnavdata.com/contactus.html

That should answer a lot of your questions as to why there is no Navigraph support since they're historically vague about it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eyaen said:

It's going to take you a WEEK to take some screen grabs and post them? Seriously?!

By the way, for those that don't know, Mindstar and RealNav are the same people. If you don't believe me, check out the addresses:
https://www.mindstaraviation.com/contact.html  &  http://www.realnavdata.com/contactus.html

That should answer a lot of your questions as to why there is no Navigraph support since they're historically vague about it.

No, we have a full schedule ahead with grandchildren and holiday travel prep, and assorted life commitments outside simulation world.

The fact that Mindstar and Real Nav are associated is no secret. We selected Real Nav for reasons stated and no other reason.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

13 minutes ago, Eyaen said:

Here is why there is no Navigraph support, straight from their website:

The data distributed by Navigraph is for non-professional computer simulated flight only.

Mindstar Aviation makes training products for the real world, makes the use of Navigraph a no from the beginning.  There's more reasons than just that... but hey, don't let facts detract from any conspiracies you might desire to imply.  Our avionics software only supports data that can be used for real world training.  Navigraph doesn't fall into that category.  Our data requirements also expect a lot more information than is available in the Navigraph data.

Edited by WarpD
Formatting fix.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Except that as far as I can tell the XLS is geared towards simulation enthusiasts, not as a professional training platform.  If it were, I'd expect you'd have advertised it as such to some degree.  If you're counting on the simulation enthusiasts as a major part of your customer base, you shouldn't be at all surprised by the continued questioning of the navigation database support. I'd wager that the questioning will continue indefinitely. And even if that were the 100% honest truth, then why are you willing to support the default sim nav database which has much less data points than Navigraph? It would seem to me that if you were willing to go that far that Navigraph would be an easier addition (please save me the 'you don't know anything about gauge programming' bit).

That said, I digress because I'm not going to get caught up in this years-old run around argument. I just want to point out a few observations that I feel are fair points for everyone's consideration.

Edited by Eyaen
Typo: punctuation

The XLS+ does not support the default sim database.  Any claims otherwise would be inaccurate.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

37 minutes ago, WarpD said:

Here is why there is no Navigraph support, straight from their website:

Mindstar Aviation makes training products for the real world, makes the use of Navigraph a no from the beginning.  There's more reasons than just that... but hey, don't let facts detract from any conspiracies you might desire to imply.  Our avionics software only supports data that can be used for real world training.  Navigraph doesn't fall into that category.  Our data requirements also expect a lot more information than is available in the Navigraph data.

And the real world only updates their Nav quarterly???

As far as I can see Navigraph uses real world data and then parses it to meet the add ons requirements.
It's probably more to do with licencing and liability.

Edited by cowpatz

Cheers

Steve Hall

10 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

That, and people are looking for a high quality bizjet..for p3d v4.  

I had the old C750 - was a work of art for its time.

Yes it was.

Then along came FlySimware and I haven't looked back.

• Like 1