Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ released for P3D v3

What i don't get. More acurate? What if 6 or a dozen Airports or FAA etc updated procedures a week or two after the quarter release. Wait another 3+ Months for updated Navdata. How is this more acurate?

15 minutes ago, WarpD said:

The XLS+ does not support the default sim database.  Any claims otherwise would be inaccurate.

• Exclusive: Collins Proline 21 Flight Management System 3000 supports FS Data Base

You guys said it, not me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eyaen said:
  • Exclusive: Collins Proline 21 Flight Management System 3000 supports FS Data Base

You guys said it, not me.

That is Eaglesoft's website, so in that regard there honestly is no "you guys", but that line is not correct and I'm certain that theyd' be happy to correct it.  While it appreciated that you have pointed out the error, it would have been more appropriate to not do it in a form of attack of character.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sorry to butt into this fray guys.

I have no idea how complicated this proposition could be but in reality, is it possible to market two editions of this aircraft with a different data base management system ie one aircraft sold for the Navigraph programme and one for the Ed Wilson platform.

Personally, I believe both programmes have their pros and cons which have been pointed out in fairly stark terms. I have Navigraph AIRAC and Chart subscription but I feel that an extra forty dollars per year (less than a dollar((US)) per week) is not that great a burden.  Add it to the cost of the aircraft though, and it does become fairly expensive. The big bugbear for me is the fact that none of my other aircraft use Eds' NavData, so it is actually an annual expense for one aircraft (is this a new form of aircraft subscription???)

Just as an aside, can anyone name all, or any, of  the P3Dv4 aircraft using NavData?

It would be interesting for me to know if what I have proposed is actually feasible or not.  My guess that the Navigraph version would be the seller for Eaglesoft.

Regards

Tony

PS  I still want one

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

There is a lot of data the PL21 needs that literally doesn't exist in the Navigraph data.  At all.  Supporting Navigraph is not going to happen.

1- When you install the XLS+, you get an older database.  It's newer than the sim's but out of date.  It will work indefinitely without update required.  The only requirement for update is a desire to have something current.  If someone wants to know WHY this is this way... licensing agreements.  RealNav is restricted by licensing agreements.

2 - All Mindstar Aviation avionics (G1000, 430, 530) that use navigational data can use the same RealNav database.  There are no separate downloads or licenses required for that.

3 - Once you have an updated file, it's truly up to you whether you renew your subscription.  It's not even an autorenew, unlike Navigraph (which now is).  So you pay $40 and get access to 4 quarterly data updates.  At the end of that year, nothing else happens.  You don't get charged again unless you choose to renew.  The data you have on your system still works, it's just out of date.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Man, the brand loyalty for Navigraph is great here, We understand but have chosen the alternative for reasons stated. We will update the Features List errors in a bit.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

27 minutes ago, N400QW said:

Man, the brand loyalty for Navigraph is great here, We understand but have chosen the alternative for reasons stated. We will update the Features List errors in a bit.

Maybe but it's more about economics.

For my Navigraph subscription I can update the database of 6 products every 28 days......not one product every 3 months.

• Like 7

Cheers

Steve Hall

11 hours ago, N400QW said:

Just noticed Navigraph has gone to a subscription system at near $100.00 or more per year. Real Nav might look better at $40.00 per year.

Yeah... good comparision.
You conveniently are forgetting that Navigraph support dozens and dozens of aircraft.
So if you had adapted the standard and went for Navigraph and/or NavDataPro we didn't have to pay anything additionally.

• Like 2

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

7 hours ago, N400QW said:

Fellows, we are exhausted at the moment but will try to have something for you all by Saturday or Sunday.

Thank you! Looking forward to it.

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

4 hours ago, N400QW said:

Man, the brand loyalty for Navigraph is great here

I paid for a year and I'm used to Navigraph and it updates 11 product for me. Would I buy an additional subscription based product just for one addon? No.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newtie said:

Yes it was.

Then along came FlySimware and I haven't looked back.

Haven't got that one, but have the XP Lear - great plane, but completely different era of avionics to the Eaglesoft aircraft.

Interesting that most people seem to fly them with the GTN as well, don't think they'll be getting Navigraph updates for that !! That said it's kind of a moot point for me, as it get's pretty annoying flying into an airport with one runway in p3d only to be offered the choice of 2+ as they have since built another parallel runway which is in the NavData. Perhaps FS2020 will sort that out?!?

As for the pricing, it is expensive as was the C750 at the time. The C750 is still my business jet of choice (currently still using about 4), with far more hours than any other aircraft, I have quite a few including one PMDG that I have flown once or twice and had very little interest in going back to, some because they were junk (mostly Caranado), and some because I just didn't like them. So in terms of $ per hour for me the C750 worked out about 100x cheaper than the Caranado Premier 1 (for example).......

What I do particularly like about the Eaglesoft stuff is that you buy it through Flight1, so if you don't like it or it doesn't work you can get a refund which is the reason I'd always at least try their aircraft, especially as they seem to be in a pretty rare category - we are not spoilt for decent modern business jets.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

To be fair,

NAVIGraph used to be cheap if you were just interested on the FMS data. However It is now 89 Euros a year since their last updating price policy.

Real Nav seems now 50% cheaper.. unfortunately I am stuck with NAVIGraph because most of my add-on's use this.. and lately I feel temped to just pay for a couple of months and cancel it. Then start again by the end of the year, effectively getting the cycle for the beginning of the year and the end of the year.

S.

31 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Haven't got that one, but have the XP Lear - great plane, but completely different era of avionics to the Eaglesoft aircraft.

Interesting that most people seem to fly them with the GTN as well, don't think they'll be getting Navigraph updates for that !! That said it's kind of a moot point for me, as it get's pretty annoying flying into an airport with one runway in p3d only to be offered the choice of 2+ as they have since built another parallel runway which is in the NavData. Perhaps FS2020 will sort that out?!?

As for the pricing, it is expensive as was the C750 at the time. The C750 is still my business jet of choice (currently still using about 4), with far more hours than any other aircraft, I have quite a few including one PMDG that I have flown once or twice and had very little interest in going back to, some because they were junk (mostly Caranado), and some because I just didn't like them. So in terms of $ per hour for me the C750 worked out about 100x cheaper than the Caranado Premier 1 (for example).......

What I do particularly like about the Eaglesoft stuff is that you buy it through Flight1, so if you don't like it or it doesn't work you can get a refund which is the reason I'd always at least try their aircraft, especially as they seem to be in a pretty rare category - we are not spoilt for decent modern business jets.

G

Thanks Gazz

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

19 minutes ago, simbol said:

To be fair,

NAVIGraph used to be cheap if you were just interested on the FMS data. However It is now 89 Euros a year since their last updating price policy.

Real Nav seems now 50% cheaper.. unfortunately I am stuck with NAVIGraph because most of my add-on's use this.. and lately I feel temped to just pay for a couple of months and cancel it. Then start again by the end of the year, effectively getting the cycle for the beginning of the year and the end of the year.

S.

Thanks Simbol

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

33 minutes ago, simbol said:

To be fair,

S.

They just backtracked on this decision. It is now back to the old pricing policy 🙂

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090