Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ released for P3D v3

Interesting thread - 🍿 🍿 🍿 

I am interested in reviews regarding their Proline system modeled.

These are lot of systems  - https://fselite.net/news/eaglesoft-releases-citation-xls-generational-three/

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Not even one video on YT. This is an indication for sales....Unfortunately.

I am waiting for Gen 4. This Aircraft looks amazing in terms of Systems. I hope they will add icing simulation.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

120 notes? I was looking forward to the 64 bit version, but....wow. I will take a lot of convincing before I spend that sort of money on an Eaglesoft product, no disrespect to Eaglesoft. The most I've ever spent on an aircraft, was around $120-$130 for PMDG's 777. Money well spent in fairness (even though I did end up moving from FSX to P3D so it wouldn't work anymore). I used to own Eaglesoft's 32 bit Citation X, and it cost less than half that as far as I can remember. And I felt that the price tag was fair, based on what I got for it. Again, no disrespect, but Eaglesoft are not (based on the Citation) on the same levels as PMDG.

This would need to be a MAJOR step up the ladder for me to spend $120, and an extra $40 if I'm reading correctly, for nav data, as it won't be compatible with Navigraph?

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

We need a Review PLEASE...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

lulz delivered

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:27 AM, FDEdev said:

No it doesn't.

According to Cessna, it does:

EGn6Q.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It doesn't.

From Cessna's XLS+ Operating Manual: 

Two laminated, graphite composite Fowler type flaps on each wing (see Figure 15-4) can be positioned from 0°–35° with intermediate settings at 0°, 7°, 15°, and 35°.

Edited by WarpD
Added quote

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

35 minutes ago, n4gix said:

According to Cessna, it does:

No it doesn't. If you quote a section it would be a good idea to copy and paste the whole section so that the 'information' you post is correct.

Again, slats on a straight wing with a low speed airfoil don't make much sense on a jet. 

Edited by FDEdev

3 hours ago, jomcci said:

Not even one video on YT. This is an indication for sales....Unfortunately.

I am waiting for Gen 4. This Aircraft looks amazing in terms of Systems. I hope they will add icing simulation.  

I will see what I can do tonight, should warn you though my flying is shocking!! 😂

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

4 hours ago, FDEdev said:

No it doesn't. If you quote a section it would be a good idea to copy and paste the whole section so that the 'information' you post is correct.

Again, slats on a straight wing with a low speed airfoil don't make much sense on a jet. 

That was a snipped image from a PDF file directly from Textron/Cessna. I only noticed what they wrote there.

So, I was mistaken to simply take them at their word. In any case Ed has already confirmed in this thread that there are no 'slats' on the XLS.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Umm, no matter, we corrected the typo on the Features list on our main site. We hope folks can rest easier tonight knowing that the typo is no longer on our site. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all😊

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

23 hours ago, WarpD said:
23 hours ago, Eyaen said:
  • Exclusive: Collins Proline 21 Flight Management System 3000 supports FS Data Base

You guys said it, not me.

That is Eaglesoft's website, so in that regard there honestly is no "you guys", but that line is not correct and I'm certain that theyd' be happy to correct it.  While it appreciated that you have pointed out the error, it would have been more appropriate to not do it in a form of attack of character.

How in the world was I supposed to know that it was an error on the feature list? I didn't know I was pointing out an error in a feature list, certainly not with out the benefit of any hindsight. I thought I was asking a legitimate question about the product. That was certainly no personal attack. Forgive me for being misled by what I've read on the product page.

Now, I had just written another two paragraph response but I deleted it because I'd rather just bow out of this. I accept responsibility for my first post being antagonistic in nature (based on past experiences here I'm afraid). I just shouldn't have gotten involved because I didn't honestly expect any other outcome. Some things never change.

• Like 1

Take a deep breath and relax. Many of the errors in feature lists have been because we were rushed and are now corrected thanks to folks like yourself.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png