Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ released for P3D v3

15 hours ago, JLuis said:

We need a Review PLEASE...

AVSIM already did. The received a Avsim Goldstar Award.
Oh wait, that is a review for a much older version. Apparently these days old reviews are being re-used for newer versions.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

10 hours ago, n4gix said:

That was a snipped image from a PDF file directly from Textron/Cessna. I only noticed what they wrote there.

So, I was mistaken to simply take them at their word. In any case Ed has already confirmed in this thread that there are no 'slats' on the XLS.

What do you mean that you were mistaken to take them at their word? 

Sounds like you are claiming that Cessna doesn't know that their 560 doesn't have slats or they provided erroneous information, which isn't the case.

Don't know why you didn't refer to the aircraft systems description from e.g. Jane's, the AFM, OM etc.

You quoted an incomplete part from the color coding of the avionics section, which mentioned a few examples for the use of the color amber.

Why do you need Ed to confirm that? A quick look at the AFM or even a single photo or video from a 560 taking off or landing would have provided the answer.

Btw, Ron confirmed this mistake already on the 3rd page of this thread.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FDEdev said:

What do you mean that you were mistaken to take them at their word? 

Sounds like you are claiming that Cessna doesn't know that their 560 doesn't have slats or they provided erroneous information, which isn't the case.

Don't know why you didn't refer to the aircraft systems description from e.g. Jane's, the AFM, OM etc.

You quoted an incomplete part from the color coding of the avionics section, which mentioned a few examples for the use of the color amber.

Why do you need Ed to confirm that? A quick look at the AFM or even a single photo or video from a 560 taking off or landing would have provided the answer.

Btw, Ron confirmed this mistake already on the 3rd page of this thread.

You.... need to seriously just drop it. If you want to argue with someone, take it elsewhere.  This is not appropriate and serves zero purpose.  Take it to PM if you insist you need to continue to fight.

• Like 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It would be foolish for Eaglesoft to trash their plans to release a product after the development had already started and was announced for the 32 bit platform. Contrary to popular belief, there are still users of 32 bit platforms and some who may have moved to 64bit are using Xplane vs P3D. If the lack of reviews were an indication of sales, then it would mean that only a handful of websites and youtubers buy all FS products......please, some of you need to calm down.

Just because users on a forum prefer P3Dv4, this doesn’t mean EVERYONE around the world has moved on. I am happy that Eaglesoft kept their promise and they have also clearly indicated for a long time now that a v4 version would be on the way. This being the case, it’s puzzling to see anyone complain about something everyone who really follows Eaglesoft is already aware of for quite some time. 

As for the price issue, what makes a product for P3Dv3 less valuable than P3Dv4? Some developers offer a multi platform product for one price, some offer an upgrade price and others make you pay full price all over again. The thing is, no one is right or wrong since every develop can charge what they deem as a fair value for their years of work or additional work to offer a multi Platform product. 

• Upvote 1

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

1 hour ago, Caribpilot said:

It would be foolish for Eaglesoft to trash their plans to release a product after the development had already started and was announced for the 32 bit platform. Contrary to popular belief, there are still users of 32 bit platforms and some who moved to 64bit are using Xplane vs P3D. If the lack of reviews were an indication of sales, then it would mean that only a handful of websites and youtubers buy all FS products......please, some of you need to calm down.

Just because users on a forum prefer P3Dv4, this doesn’t mean EVERYONE around the world has moved on. I am happy that Eaglesoft kept their promise and they have also clearly indicated for a long time now that a v4 version would be on the way. This being the case, it’s puzzling to see anyone complaining about something everyone who really follows Eaglesoft is already aware of. 

As for the price issue, what makes a product for P3Dv3 less valuable than P3Dv4? Some developers offer a multi platform product for one price, some offer an upgrade price and others make you pay full price all over again. The thing is, no one is right or wrong since every develop can charge what they deem as a fair value for their years of work or additional work to offer a multi Platform product. 

Carib Pilot, we could not agree more. This is one of the most accurate posts we've seen recently and we commend the level headed manner portrayed here.

In case some missed, it: 

Release of Citation XLS+_G3 represents a fulfilled promise and new step forward from 32 Bit Platform Development.

While the Generation Three 32 Bit Platform Catalog will remain it has become a secondary focus while we move forward on 64 Bit Generation Four Project Development.

As of 11/172019, The Generation Four Corporate Aviation Catalog for 64 Bit Platforms such as LM P3DV4 and MS FS2020 will focus on Development, Testing, and Release to Market, of XLS+_G4 , Citation X_G4, and Challenger 605_G4 in that order.

Thanks you for posting.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

1 hour ago, N400QW said:

As of 11/172019, The Generation Four Corporate Aviation Catalog for 64 Bit Platforms such as LM P3DV4 and MS FS2020 will focus on Development, Testing, and Release to Market, of XLS+_G4 , Citation X_G4, and Challenger 605_G4 in that order.

(Bold emphasis mine) - Great to hear!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

38 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

(Bold emphasis mine) - Great to hear!

64 Bit Platforms such as LM P3DV4 and MS FS2020

Emphasis ours

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I am pleased to see that at least one developer has had the perseverance to still bring a complex business jet product to market for FSX after promoting that for some time. Others don't anymore or just backtrack...

For those interested why, please read below, otherwise just skip to the last paragraph.

There are at this moment 3 major platforms on the market, FSX (Steam), absolutely nearing a legacy platform, P3d as an improved but still "FSX" platform and X-plane, phenomenal in many aspects but too limited concerning airports and add ons (but there is movement...) . The latter two need a killer system with specs. FS2020 is on the horizon, in my opinion it just looks too good to be true, expecting it to be like FSX on its release; possible as advertised but in reality only operational with (drastically) lowered settings, or again a killer system handling it. We shall see...

Therefore, I still use FSX (Steam version). Why? It's at this point just very reasonable on price, graphics, add-ons and system specs. I believe the majority of the users still operate on this system for these reasons. The fact is I am just waiting either for Xplane to bring more scenery/ add ons to the market, or the FS2020. That will then be a belated big jump to a new (very) high end system and all the extra software that comes with it. A very big investment altogether. All that for a truly fresh simulation experience what I, and too many of us are thoroughly up for by now!

Eaglesoft has always been good to very good with their products, the C750 over 10 years ago setting the standard (price wise too). When I (and we) finally matured toward study level content, it was outdated graphical, but still to this day top of the line concerning system integration and it set the standard for business jets. I'm spoiled now by Carenado for example, grahics are just really good, systems...well...reasonable, as is the price. All for a 32 bit system. PMDG has been setting the bar now in many aspects for some time now, including prices.

I was hoping for a price setting of about MAX 80ish euros, something on the top end but still justifiable for me to invest for an ending platform. P3D can pay more, their platform will still be around for another decade or two. In that respect the price, set for FSX, is just too steep as I, and many of us see it now. Maybe when the final product comes to fruit on FS2020 and it disappoints, I could make the purchase. I'll first need to know how the XLS+ handles on a regular 32 bit FSX system and see if systems and graphics are as good as one may come to expect. I invest time in one to two aircraft, obtaining full AOM knowledge etc. That's how I moved away from an entertaining experience to a learning and training experience. That is where the eaglesoft product can make a difference, in the same league as for example PMDG/ CS etc.

We need a (youtube) review then, with examples of light settings (cockpit) possible at dark (immersion level), sounds on take off & go around, landings night and day and with system specs and frame rates visible. Eaglesoft could do this in the coming days or weeks, make it a promotional event. That way much more people still working on the older (FSX) system could have an indication and if the product is really outstanding, make a reasoned and educated decision on purchasing at that price setting for again, a platform that is really nearing a year or two/ three? until all developers pull the plug on it, and understandably too.

In short, great that such a product is still developed and put to market for a 32 bit system. Hoping they would still do the same for the C750 and especially the 605, but at this price point for this platform, taking into account what is on the near horizon, not justifiable for me right now. With the rebate/ sale they sometimes offer off it could be tenable. Until then I'll wait. If FS2020 comes around the corner or I navigate to Xplane, passing the 32 bit version by altogether then, what would be a shame for the time and effort I undoubtedly believe has been put into this version after all these years. On closing, I don't think it realistic to ask 32 bit users to pay the same price as the 64 bit users. In my opinion a flawed marketing decision what will come to bite in the sales.

20 hours ago, N400QW said:

Take a deep breath and relax. Many of the errors in feature lists have been because we were rushed

🤣😂🤣    Rushed after how many years of development?  Come on now.

45 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Can you believe  this guy ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

If you want an argument you'll take it somewhere else..

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

6 hours ago, b263354 said:

I am pleased to see that at least one developer has had the perseverance to still bring a complex business jet product to market for FSX after promoting that for some time. Others don't anymore or just backtrack...

For those interested why, please read below, otherwise just skip to the last paragraph.

There are at this moment 3 major platforms on the market, FSX (Steam), absolutely nearing a legacy platform, P3d as an improved but still "FSX" platform and X-plane, phenomenal in many aspects but too limited concerning airports and add ons (but there is movement...) . The latter two need a killer system with specs. FS2020 is on the horizon, in my opinion it just looks too good to be true, expecting it to be like FSX on its release; possible as advertised but in reality only operational with (drastically) lowered settings, or again a killer system handling it. We shall see...

Therefore, I still use FSX (Steam version). Why? It's at this point just very reasonable on price, graphics, add-ons and system specs. I believe the majority of the users still operate on this system for these reasons. The fact is I am just waiting either for Xplane to bring more scenery/ add ons to the market, or the FS2020. That will then be a belated big jump to a new (very) high end system and all the extra software that comes with it. A very big investment altogether. All that for a truly fresh simulation experience what I, and too many of us are thoroughly up for by now!

Eaglesoft has always been good to very good with their products, the C750 over 10 years ago setting the standard (price wise too). When I (and we) finally matured toward study level content, it was outdated graphical, but still to this day top of the line concerning system integration and it set the standard for business jets. I'm spoiled now by Carenado for example, grahics are just really good, systems...well...reasonable, as is the price. All for a 32 bit system. PMDG has been setting the bar now in many aspects for some time now, including prices.

I was hoping for a price setting of about MAX 80ish euros, something on the top end but still justifiable for me to invest for an ending platform. P3D can pay more, their platform will still be around for another decade or two. In that respect the price, set for FSX, is just too steep as I, and many of us see it now. Maybe when the final product comes to fruit on FS2020 and it disappoints, I could make the purchase. I'll first need to know how the XLS+ handles on a regular 32 bit FSX system and see if systems and graphics are as good as one may come to expect. I invest time in one to two aircraft, obtaining full AOM knowledge etc. That's how I moved away from an entertaining experience to a learning and training experience. That is where the eaglesoft product can make a difference, in the same league as for example PMDG/ CS etc.

We need a (youtube) review then, with examples of light settings (cockpit) possible at dark (immersion level), sounds on take off & go around, landings night and day and with system specs and frame rates visible. Eaglesoft could do this in the coming days or weeks, make it a promotional event. That way much more people still working on the older (FSX) system could have an indication and if the product is really outstanding, make a reasoned and educated decision on purchasing at that price setting for again, a platform that is really nearing a year or two/ three? until all developers pull the plug on it, and understandably too.

In short, great that such a product is still developed and put to market for a 32 bit system. Hoping they would still do the same for the C750 and especially the 605, but at this price point for this platform, taking into account what is on the near horizon, not justifiable for me right now. With the rebate/ sale they sometimes offer off it could be tenable. Until then I'll wait. If FS2020 comes around the corner or I navigate to Xplane, passing the 32 bit version by altogether then, what would be a shame for the time and effort I undoubtedly believe has been put into this version after all these years. On closing, I don't think it realistic to ask 32 bit users to pay the same price as the 64 bit users. In my opinion a flawed marketing decision what will come to bite in the sales.

Really?

Such an extensive and praising post and it is your first post ever... and unsigned 
Sorry, but for me a bit too obvious 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

2 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Really?

Such an extensive and praising post and it is your first post ever... and unsigned 
Sorry, but for me a bit too obvious 😂

To be fair, whilst praising them he's saying why he's not buying it !!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron