Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ released for P3D v3

I relly don't mean to sound like the old grumpy man but.. I've always wanted a proper bizjet. I bought the C750 twice (FS2004 and FSX versions) back in the day. It was the best at the time, but not really good (don't get me wrong here... It was good, but there were so many minor things with it, and of course the throttle setup...what a bloody nightmare).

Support? None. I think I've tried making 50 accounts on their forums throughout the years, but none has been accepted ever.

I was really excited to see a launch of a bizjet. The disappointment was huge when it was 32 bit only (I understand why tho) and not possible to use Navigraph. I've read somewhere that this option is so much cheaper, but really, it isn't. At least not for us who already subscribe to e.g Navigraph. That would just mean more expences on top of everything 

Sorry, I really saw a glimmer of hope when I saw this release and especially with the C750 listed on their G4 page, but there are just too many deal breakers in it for me with earlier experiences with them ++, unfortunately 😞

Regards,

Anders Moen

http://www.virtualnorwegian.net

I relly don't mean to sound like the old grumpy man but.. I've always wanted a proper bizjet. I bought the C750 twice (FS2004 and FSX versions) back in the day. It was the best at the time, but not really good (don't get me wrong here... It was good, but there were so many minor things with it, and of course the throttle setup...what a bloody nightmare).

Support? None. I think I've tried making 50 accounts on their forums throughout the years, but none has been accepted ever.

I was really excited to see a launch of a bizjet. The disappointment was huge when it was 32 bit only (I understand why tho) and not possible to use Navigraph. I've read somewhere that this option is so much cheaper, but really, it isn't. At least not for us who already subscribe to e.g Navigraph. That would just mean more expences on top of everything 

Sorry, I really saw a glimmer of hope when I saw this release and especially with the C750 listed on their G4 page, but there are just too many deal breakers in it for me with earlier experiences with them ++, unfortunately 😞

Regards,

Anders Moen

http://www.virtualnorwegian.net

5 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Really?

Such an extensive and praising post and it is your first post ever... and unsigned 
Sorry, but for me a bit too obvious 😂

Ok... you caught us!  We placed that account on here in 2014 just for this very thread!  We thought preparing for this moment five years in advance would make it less obvious, but you're far too sharp for us!  Well done, sir! 👏

Ok... that above is TOTALLY tongue in cheek... but, I do love a good conspiracy theory.  Just might wanna make certain all your evidence is good to go first. :biggrin:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

(weird doublepost)

Edited by WarpD

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The one problem with using a survey as a basis to say 32bit platforms are no longer popular is that you have to also account for users who do not have an online presence or the time to take a survey. Additionally, let’s not forget there are physical copies of FSX out there and there are people who have FSX or P3D who simply don’t buy more than 1 or 2 add-ons.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

12 hours ago, b263354 said:

There are at this moment 3 major platforms on the market, FSX (Steam), absolutely nearing a legacy platform, P3d as an improved but still "FSX" platform and X-plane, phenomenal in many aspects but too limited concerning airports and add ons (but there is movement...) . The latter two need a killer system with specs.

Actually you will get better performance with P3D than with FSX. And likely with X-Plane as well.

Old software (FSX) does not means easy on frame, quite the contrary.

15 minutes ago, Bushido5 said:

Actually you will get better performance with P3D than with FSX. And likely with X-Plane as well.

Old software (FSX) does not means easy on frame, quite the contrary.

That’s true, but with the DX10 fixer, FSX performers very well. I honestly think the two go hand in hand.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Perhaps a big rebate or discount on the 64-bit version when buying the 32-bit version will make purchasing this more enticing. I really hope they consider something like that.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

14 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Perhaps a big rebate or discount on the 64-bit version when buying the 32-bit version will make purchasing this more enticing. I really hope they consider something like that.

Seeing how things have gone so far, I wouldn’t be shocked if they raised the price of the 64-bit version to $149.99. 

I haven't flown a 32-bit sim for sometime now, so obviously won't be purchasing this. I also will not be purchasing any 64-bit version either, if it is ever released, if it doesn't support Navigraph data. The price seems too high as well, but that's always relative to the purchaser.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:00 PM, Joe L said:

Price is even higher if it reads correctly.  Uses a different nav data source - RealNav which is $40 per year for quarterly updates if you are a "home user".  

Poor effort at screenshots - no actual clear shot of displays in action so far.

Ouch. I didn't even know about this. Ouch. :mo_tt_mata:

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Still trying to find ANY review on Youtube of this Citation. I am shooting blanks. Has this release been deemed irrelevant by the flightsim content creators out there? This is very strange, usually you would manage to find at least something.

Any link is greatly appreciated.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

3 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Still trying to find ANY review on Youtube of this Citation. I am shooting blanks. Has this release been deemed irrelevant by the flightsim content creators out there? This is very strange, usually you would manage to find at least something.

Someone on the FSX forum here posted screenshots in the main thread about it. 

6 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Same here. Really I can't understand this void.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

4 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Someone on the FSX forum here posted screenshots in the main thread about it. 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |