Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ released for P3D v3

Ron at Eaglesoft has said they will try and get something out Saturday or Sunday.

I've been hunting everywhere for images and video.

• Like 1

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

I’m not surprised that there aren’t any reviews out there. After all, what can anyone really say after just 4 or days other than it looks cool? A detailed review means putting the aircraft and its features through its paces so I expect a detailed review to take some time. 

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

14 hours ago, Caribpilot said:

I’m not surprised that there aren’t any reviews out there. After all, what can anyone really say after just 4 or days other than it looks cool? A detailed review means putting the aircraft and its features through its paces so I expect a detailed review to take some time. 

Yes.. reviews can take some time to be available.. it is what it is.. for example I released a product OCT 20th and official reviews are still being written..

So we all need to be patient I guess.. 😉

Regards,

Simbol

Don't think people are expecting full-blown reviews, more the usual stream of YouTube content on new releases, quick flights, hands-on tests etc. they tend to be out within hours or days.

• Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Someone post some screenshot in the FSX forum.

To be fair from a pure graphical point of view it is far from impressive.

Interesting Navigraph survey, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I don't see where I am "not even close", please elaborate where I may have stated something very incorrectly if so inclined.

Now from a business standpoint, if sales of this 32 bit product will become disappointing, the 64 bit product or future products most likely will become even more expensive then envisioned, as the loss has to be made up (again?) somewhere.

As I see it, put in time (not too far off however) the 35% rebate/ periodic sale on this 32bit product before becoming redundant, the 64 bit product will be purchased regardless anyway some even state settling that matter.

Will the C750/ 605 as advertised still come to market for the 32bit platform? Or will it now after all this be put on the low burner and eventually be disregarded completely whilst expediting releases of the 64bit products, cutting losses where possible. I hope not...

As someone who operates an XL (as well as the II,V, & Ultra) for my day job in the Real World, I'll be keeping my eye on this one to see how the 64bit version turns out.  Personally, I don't see the price point as problematic as long as the visual quality, depth of systems, and excellent customer support are all there...we'll see. Simmers have increasingly made the move towards study-level simulation, and FS aircraft at that level take years to complete, the price point reflects that work. That said, count me among the potential customers disappointed in the choice of NavData provider. Like it or not, Navigraph has indeed become the standard and I'm not excited about having to purchase yet another database provider to fly with updated databases. Went through the same issue with the Vertx DA-62, though they are working to provide Navigraph integration in the future.

Years ago, ESDG released the very best GA add-on aircraft for FS2004/FSX and then basically fell off the radar. P3D updates eventually came along for the CX, which I purchased, though in my opinion it'd been left behind graphically by other newer products and was relegated to back of the virtual hangar. Regardless, It's a good thing to see them back in our community providing much needed competition the GA space.

We NEED good study-level complex GA aircraft! Hopefully, they've kept up with where flight simulation technology has gone in that time-span.  They've got my attention. If the product lives up to it's price point, I'll likely be purchasing... and I'll probably begrudgingly update that stupid database too...

On 11/19/2019 at 12:23 AM, N400QW said:

Fellows, we are exhausted at the moment but will try to have something for you all by Saturday or Sunday.

Hi Ron,

Is there any word on screenshots/video? 🙂

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

Sorry Greg, been out of office for last few days and am now involved in holiday/family plans. My apologies for stating something I could not deliver.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

28 minutes ago, N400QW said:

Sorry Greg, been out of office for last few days and am now involved in holiday/family plans. My apologies for stating something I could not deliver.

No problem Ron, enjoy your time with family and holiday 🙂

Greg Marshall

I had posted some images in the FSX forum thread for the XLS+.  As someone else who has purchased the addon stated, it looks better in the sim than in the stills.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 hour ago, WarpD said:

I had posted some images in the FSX forum thread for the XLS+.  As someone else who has purchased the addon stated, it looks better in the sim than in the stills.

Great! Thank you. Can you comment on systems and sounds?

Greg Marshall

I can not... I am one of the developers. 🙂

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69