Sign in to follow this  
gianmarcoragazzoni

Reloading scenery with PMDG NGXu P3D4

Hi,

since I installed the new PMDG NGXu (updated with latest version), I noticed that during the flight the sim (P3D4) randomly reloads the scenario. However after loading the flight continues. As if paused to reload the scenario.
With other aircraft I never had this problem.
Using acars flying for virtual companies, such as for Virtual Ryanair (vRYR smartCARS), is seen as a sim pause.
Does this thing also happen to you?

Thanks.

Edited by gianmarcoragazzoni

I had a couple similar occurrences in the past with their 777. One solution was to reinstall the product (for some reason I had a functioning but broken install).

The other was related to FSUIPC make sure it's not syncing the sim time with the system time- I was seeing refreshes when the add-on did that as it was akin to changing the date/time via the menu. 

Your specificity to the NGXu might be worth a repair/reinstall try tho....

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I have had this happening few times with PMDG 747. What I have noted is that 'Level of detail radius' setting was lowered one notch (from max) after that. That change is highly likely to cause that reload. Maybe sim is overloaded and doing that itself or maybe it is related to aircraft. I really don't know. Haven't had this happen too often so I haven't researched it. Would love to find a cause and/or solution, though.

Edited by Evros

Just had my first occurrence a couple days ago with the new NGXu.  Was confused to see the scenario loading again, then the flight resumed like nothing at all had happened.  Hasn't occurred since.  Very odd.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

4 hours ago, dmiannay said:

Hasn't occurred since.  Very odd.

Maybe because it also lowered the "level of detail radius" in the settings as Evros explained? If you don't put that back up, it might explain why it did not occur anymore...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I think It's not relating to NGXu only - I did not buy it yet-, I get it randomly at some flights special at approach phase and in busy airports, sometime in 2 or 3 times in 5 minutes, the message runs very fast that I couldn't read what it says, I thought it's related to the traffic programm I have the UTL. but I'm not sure

Edited by Alaaar

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

Maybe because it also lowered the "level of detail radius" in the settings as Evros explained? If you don't put that back up, it might explain why it did not occur anymore...

I don't remember where I had that set, so can't verify it was lowered.  It was at Ultra when I just checked, and I've now set it to Max.  Will just have to wait and see if this happens again.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

The only time I have seen the scenery reload in mid flight was when I set auto cruise to a maximum of 16x and activated it. Just about every two minutes it would reload the scenery. I backed it down to 4 x and it is never happened again.

Is there any chance that you guys have accidentally activated it? Easy way to check is to look at the digits of the clock. If they are green in color then you have accidentally activated it.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

The only time I have seen the scenery reload in mid flight was when I set auto cruise to a maximum of 16x and activated it. Just about every two minutes it would reload the scenery. I backed it down to 4 x and it is never happened again.

Is there any chance that you guys have accidentally activated it? Easy way to check is to look at the digits of the clock. If they are green in color then you have accidentally activated it.

I have never used any form of time acceleration. But sure, it has potential to do it as you go over the terrain faster than your computer is able to load it.

Happened to my first time today, first time using the PMDG 747-8, about one hour into the flight and it happened twice already. Not using time correction addons nor time acceleration.

But I noticed that my scenery settings were screwed a few minutes ago, I selected my personal profile again (which puts the radius setting to the maximum) and let's see what's gonna happen.

I just hope PMDG 747-8 is NOT altering my personal settings without my consent.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I’ve noticed it too on all of my NGXu flights, hasn’t happened to me with any other aircraft.  Strange.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Had this happen with the 747-8, LOD radius slider would drop a notch, occasionally it would wipe the binds on my controls.

PMDG said its not their fault and to contact Lockmart for support. I did, and got none, as usual.

• Like 2

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Same here. It has happened with 748 and NGXu. Neither FSLabs nor "older" PMDG products generate such behavior. For a sake of prevention practice I changed LOD to medium

Same issue here with the FsLabs A321!

I posted on the LM forum in January, they seem surprised that the program is self-modifying.

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=135935
Since then I hadn't flown the A321 until today...and...blam again...

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

That’s interesting, I’ve been flying the A321 since release and haven’t had this issue with it, but I have had it with the NGXu.  I wonder what the common factor is?

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU