Sign in to follow this  
Guest JiWe

Can't uninstall

Guest JiWe

Hi I need help with uninstalling the FSX demo.my add and remove program didn't work properly so I had to delet the whole folder for the demo...but now when I got the ad and remove program to work thanks to a regestry cleaner i get an error message when trying to uninstall FSX demo from therein.i get a error when its looking for the flight simulator x demo.msi file in teh WINDOWSinstaller foldercould some kind soule send me this missing file or maybe someone has another solution to my problem.the reason Im uninstalling is that i want to try the newer demothanks in advancejoel.voxberg@gmail.com

Guest firehawk44

I had the same problem. You can try a registry cleaner and see if that works (it didn't for me - using Fix-It Pro). You can probably find several at MajorGeeks.com. I edited the registry by going to the Find function and looking for Flight Simulator Demo and deleting all occasions it was found. Beware -- there are a lot of registry items that have to be deleted!Best regards,Jim

Guest JiWe

Yes I have tried a registry cleaner too with no luck. could you please tell me in a little more detail the other solution? is the find function in your regestry cleaner?

Guest firehawk44

Apologize for the delay in responding. If you're not familiar with the registry and deleting items, I would recommend staying away and finding a registry cleaner that will work. Messing around with the registry can do more harm than good if you're not careful. However, if you desire, you can get to the Registry Editor by clicking on Start>Run>type "regedit">click "OK". The Registry Editor will open and you can click on the Menu bar and select EDIT, then select FIND. In Find, type in Flight Simulator Demo. Make sure Match Whole String is unchecked or it won't find anything. As it finds strings, delete the item. Use the F3 key to continue the search until all instances have been found. It worked for me. Perhaps someone can suggest a registry cleaner that will fix your problem. Good luck.Best regards,Jim

I had the same problem. My solution was to rerun the prereleasedemo.exe. After it unzipped it gave me two options.1 - Repaire (don't choose this, I had to do a hard restart)2 - Remove (choose this one)After choosing the remove option, I was able to install the new demo.Hope this helps.Jim

Guest firehawk44

Hi Jim,Thanks for helping out a fellow simmer! I just wanted to mention I originally tried your method, chose Remove and the FSX Demo directory was still intact. I deleted the directory but should have tried the Add/Remove method to see if that worked. It's amazing how the removal worked on many systems but not on all. I read on other forums where others had similar problems. You were one of the lucky ones! Thanks again for your response to assist Joel in his problem. Hopefully, by now, he has it fixed!Best regards,Jim

Guest JiWe

ok but the problem is I don't have the old pre-release copy on my computer anymore.....you know a place where I can get it?

Guest JiWe

ok I found it, but the problem still remains....it can't uninstall becaus it can't find the flight simulator x demo.msi!!guess I'll have to try the reg edit thing. Im getting affraid that I won't be able to install ther real thing if this goes on!very much tanks for the help anyway

Guest JiWe

I need some serious help now.I have tried to delete occations in the regedit but with no luck at allI have used the find function and tried all kinds of combinations such asFlight Simulator X Demo, Flight Simulator, Flightsim,Flight_simulator_X and so on and nothing has helped. I have tried three different Registry cleaners with no succses.any more ideas?? I'm getting desperate herebest regards Joel

Guest JiWe

No one else with this problem?any advice pleas? I don't dare buying the game if I don't get this to work

Guest JimBrown

I'm going by memory here, but in RegEdit, I believe you need to navigate to:hkey_local_machineSoftwareMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight SimulatorIn there, you should find the key "10.0" (or it might be just "10".) Delete it. If you still have FS9 installed, you should also see a key "9.0". Do not delete that one.Regards,...jim

Guest JiWe

thank you for the tip....but it doesn't work for me.I'll have to reinstall windows or something if I want this to work!guess I'm the only one with this problem.