Sign in to follow this  
Stavros

What are Eaglesoft thinking?

After a long hiatus Eaglesoft have finally released a new product, a Citation XLS+.

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/xlsplusG3.htm

Obviously this would normally be very exciting, but for two caveats:

It's only for 32bit platforms (P3D v3, FSX, FSX:SE). Given that even PMDG realize P3D V4 may not be long for this world, the idea of releasing something for v3 and FSX seems crazy.

On top of this, it doesn't support Navigraph navdata and instead you have to use Eaglesoft's own navdata which is $40 a year and only updated quarterly.

Genuinely do not understand how anyone came to the conclusion this is anything people wanted, even as desperate as we are for a proper business jet.

• Like 2

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

There is another thread here as well but to bring you to speed:

Release of Citation XLS+_G3 represents a fulfilled promise and new step forward from 32 Bit Platform Development.

While the Generation Three 32 Bit Platform Catalog will remain it has become a secondary focus while we move forward on 64 Bit Generation Four Project Development.

As of 11/17/2019, The Generation Four Corporate Aviation Catalog will focus on Development, Testing, and Release to Market, of XLS+_G4 , Citation X_G4, and Challenger 605_G4 in that order.

An XLS+_G4/G3 Project is under consideration as we speak. More on this as we move forward on all 64 Bit Platforms such as LM P3DV4 and MSFS2020.

In addition, all Eaglesoft Development Group Corporate or General Aviation Catalog products will reach RTM with an "out of date and fully useable" Real Nav Database. 

An Annual Subscription for those who wish to maintain DB Updates is available from Real Nav.

Note: RW Practice is that none of these DB or Chart Subscriptions are free of charge and neither will those from Real Nav.

Edited by N400QW
typo
  • Like 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

1 minute ago, N400QW said:

In addition, all Eaglesoft Development Group Corporate or General Aviation Catalog products will reach RTM with an "out of date and fully useable" Real Nav Database. 

An Annual Subscription for those who wish to maintain DB Updates is available from Real Nav.

Note: RW Practice is that none of these DB or Chart Subscriptions are free of charge and neither will those from Real Nav.

Should just clarify the complaint here isn't that you guys are charging for navdata, it's that you aren't compatible with navigraph data like everyone else is, and that the data is only updated quarterly and not every 28 days like Navigraph do.

• Like 1

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

Their thinking..If PMDG can do that so can we? I don't like where this is going. Addons are getting to be only for the "Elitist". Sad

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 2

We had decisions to make and as we said, RN is used and usable in RW Traning scenarios while Navigraph is not.

That is the reasoning behind the decision.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

9 minutes ago, N400QW said:

We had decisions to make and as we said, RN is used and usable in RW Traning scenarios while Navigraph is not.

That is the reasoning behind the decision.

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind these decisions. From a developer standpoint.

Along with.... Why P3Dv3???

1 - 32-bit was the original release target.  It was announced before there was any 64-bit sim.  Easy to forget and ignore that.  Not everyone has moved to 64-bit.  Apparently a great deal of you literally ignore that.  It's a 32-bit release, not a P3Dv3 release.

2 - The discussion regarding RealNav versus Navigraph was already held... years ago when the 32-bit product was announced.  Asking the 'why' might imply that something could be stated to get you to "see" the reasoning, however it has been my experience thus far that no one really cares why.  They just don't like the decision made. I was the programmer who wrote the Citation X v2 gauge for Eaglesoft. It used Navigraph.  I am intimately familiar with what it contains with regards to data.  I am the programmer that wrote the PL21 for the XLS+.  It uses RealNav.  I am intimately familiar with what it contains with regards to data.  There is a great deal more information in the RealNav database that is used by the PL21 that Navigraph literally doesn't have in their data.  They offer the same generic data tables/files for other addons, but they don't offer the entire content of the ARINC data provided by Jeppesen or Lufthansa.  There is a surprisingly large amount of data missing.  I won't even go into the target level of procedures.. that's an even more complex discussion.

In the end, the decisions were made and they are what they are.  If you don't want to purchase, that's your decision and I'm pretty certain Eaglesoft is ok with that. They won't even question why, neither publicly nor privately.

A 64-bit version is just around the corner... but we had the 32-bit done.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Can't improve on what Ed posted so won't try.

The 32 Bit was the fulfillment of a promise made and promise kept. As or 11/17/2019 our focus is 64 Bit Platforms such as LM P3DV4 and MS FS2020.

Stay tuned for more as we are able...

• Like 2

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

5 hours ago, JPStudios said:

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind these decisions. From a developer standpoint.

Along with.... Why P3Dv3???

Hmm, what are we, chopped liver?

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

12 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Their thinking..If PMDG can do that so can we? I don't like where this is going. Addons are getting to be only for the "Elitist". Sad

10 years ago when developers started this pay to beta, prologue, early access or however it is branded  type junk and then customers actually starting buying it is when it started going south and developers realised they could take the mickey   

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

10 years ago when developers started this pay to beta, prologue, early access or however it is branded  type junk and then customers actually starting buying it is when it started going south and developers realised they could take the mickey   

hunh??

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Me too. What's he (she) talking about?.............................

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I agree with the developers too and they have every right to develop any product.  The consumer either buys it or they don't.  When the 64-bit version is released, the same goes.  Nitpicking a product or developer by a few is not going to fly here.  This topic is locked.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10