Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoJoDawg

New bug or strange change in flight dynamics - demo2 ?

Guest rafaelds

Hi everyone! Last night I was giving the new demo a try, and I decided to fly the caribbean landing mission, which I had done a few times in the first demo. For fun's sake I flew it manually, since I had already done it in autopilot. Well, all was OK, and then I received instructions to descend to 3000', as usual. Immediately I noticed that it was hard to lose airspeed, and I had to cut throttle completely. Surprisingly, with idle thrust I was descending at a mere -700 ft/sec (don't remember if it was before or after reducing to 180 kts). Since I had flown this approach before without spoilers, I decided not to use them - after all, the descent from 7000' was started 20nm out, that's not so steep. At the final, even with help from landing gear drag I came WAY too high, and touched down exactly at the other end of the runway. Then I gave it another try, this time with autopilot. 7000 ft, 210kt... 20nm out, start descent to 3000', with a v/s of -1000ft/min. Auto-throttle could not even keep 210 kts, and as I was about to overspeed (when supposed to reduce to 180kt) I gave up on the a/p, applied spoilers and quickly was at 3000', 180kt. That done, the landing was successful, alhtough I had to keep throttles almost closed to keep 130kt. Did someone else notice this? I experienced the very same thing in the Lear45, in a free flight - above a certain speed, there's a lot of thrust even at idle. Or maybe very little drag. Rafa

Guest JoJoDawg

Rafa I had the same thing with not able to slow down enough. I basically idled the whole way down and used the airbrake to stop busting the 240kt rule. I couldn't tell you about the diffrence between the 1st demo and the 2nd, I havne't had enough time to fly for awhile, but it was in the Lear for me too.