Sign in to follow this  
Guest archtx

Not seeing cars around VC bird Intl

Guest JohnEGPF

I have"adopted" TAPA as my home base during my time in the demo.Not seeing any traffic on the roads around this or other Island's in the demo area.Only getting ground traffic around TNCM and surrounding area.Anyone seeing ground traffic around TAPA or areas outwith St Maarten?John

I don't think the roads around Antigua will qualify for traffic - not being divided highways. At least there were not any when I lived there - but it has been 24 years.The cars/ traffic are supposed to only on divided highways - so they probably did some tweaking to add them to St Maarten.They had to cut out a lot of stuff to make the demo small enough to fit on one CD.

Guest JohnEGPF

Thanks for the Information, must have a nice place to live:)John

Hello John,Freeway traffic has not been added to most of the islands, so you won't see it just about anywhere in the Caribbean. There is a small bit of it around Le Lamentin, a long line in Puerto Rico, and a very little amount of it here where I live, but that is all. On Sint Maarten/St. Martin itself, it appears over an "Asphalt 2 Lanes Undivided Median" road circling the island.However, it is easy enough to put it there as it is just a simple line drawn over the road and is not associated with the underlying texture at all. So, it can appear over any type of road.Usually, there may be a frame rate hit with road traffic, but I imagine that at V.C. Bird, you won't really feel it too much.I don't know if the demo has the S.D.K., but if so, you can just take a look.Best regards.Luis

Hello again, John,As a general rule, I don't take a look at other people's scenery problems, as I have enough with my own projects. But, as it happens, all the Leewards, and the Virgins, and the Greater Antilles are part of my projects.So, I gave it a shot, and added a bit of auto traffic around the airport:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157726.jpgThe cars head off to the terminal, even though there isn't an access road in the scenery (just wanted to test this) and then come back to the road.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157728.zipI don't know how the demo is set up, but if there is an Addon scenery folder, then just place this file there. If not, then put it wherever the scenery is.Just one thing - as far as I know, freeway traffic both ways does not work; it is just one-way traffic. The solution would have been to draw 2 lines, each going a different way. Maybe later.Best regards.Luis

Guest JohnEGPF

Hi LuisThe BGL works great lots of traffic passing under me on approach to RW7:).Thanks again for your advise and BGL file, very kind of you.cheersJohn

Guest archtx

So Luis, that point where the cars "disappear" is the end of the line segment?

Your guess is as good as mine. It seems clear that the cars must disappear at the end of the line, but I seem to have noticed them popping in and out in other places as well.This is all a first step concerning traffic, so there might be some small issues, as is usually the case with new techniques. But, it looks pretty good and works o.k. so far.Best regards.LuisEdit: Sorry, I just realized that I may not have understood your comment correctly. Did you mean some particular spot in the image? I just drew a line over that road and extended it from there to the terminal and back to the road. The cars disappear at the end of the traffic line, but that point is not visible in the screenshot.

Guest archtx

No. You understood completely. There have been reports of cars disappearing at certain points, and having worked with SBuilder, my suspcion was that it was at the end of a line segment.