Sign in to follow this  
Skywatcher

Links 2020 (Golf Sim)

Now, AVSIM, please bend the rules just this one time.

For some of us, a new Microsoft Links golf sim would be ridiculously exciting!

Microsoft are reading this forum, please allow one totally OT thread just this one time.

I would love to see a new Links version!

Microsoft is the King of Golf sims and we desperately need a modern top quality golf sim!

Links 2020 or Links 2021 or Links 2022, as long as one is coming.

It would put the golf simming world on fire!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Mark Daniels

This is the one product that could get me more excited than even the new flight simulator.

• Upvote 1

Just now, irrics said:

This is the one product that could get me more excited than even the new flight simulator.

Yes! Waaaaay more exciting for me!

If they leave this thread up, we can post it elsewhere and hopefully get some people here from golf sites to show Microsoft there is interest.

C'mon AVSIM! Please, a one and only time to bend the rules!

Mark Daniels

I totally agree. If given the choice between a new flight sim and a new golf game, I'd choose the flight sim every time. But I'd definitely buy a new Microsoft golf game as well. No question about it.

For many years, the AE Sports version of "PGA Tiger Woods Golf" was excellent and a big seller. A few years ago, however, AE chose to abandon that successful series and instead opted for a golf game featuring Rory McIlroy based on the Frostbite engine. The new game was a universal disappointment and has never been updated. Microsoft needs to take charge here and bring us a state-of-the-art golf game. Just think, we could fly all the top players to each golf course using the new Citation in MSFS 2020. Hopefully our flights would fare better than the one carrying Payne Stewart.

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

If you have to bend the rules then there is only ONE OTHER SIM THAT NEEDS TO BE CREATED OTHER THAN FLIGHT SIM:  TRAIN SIM 2!!  We got robbed on that one!

• Like 7

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

carmined:

" If you have to bend the rules then there is only ONE OTHER SIM THAT NEEDS TO BE CREATED OTHER THAN FLIGHT SIM:  TRAIN SIM 2!!  We got robbed on that one! "

Yes, I almost forgot about that one! Quite disappointing when that was cancelled.  I want Microsoft Space Simulator as well. Can you imagine orbiting Microsoft Earth(TM)?

Edited by daveinca2000
Forgot to quote carmined

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

Links golf sim back in the day was really great. Because it was a real golf simulator.  After that it all became too arcadish with EA Tiger Woods series. I second we need a new golf simulator. But along with driving, farming and boating etc, they should all be online in the one MMO world.... Fly plane to airport, drive to course and play online golf. Yuppie life in MSWS --> Microsoft world simulator.

Edited by Greazer

Penmar Golf Course, CA
19th hole...

You are Harrison Ford.
Just departed KSMO.
Your have a carburettor problem causing your vintage aircraft's single engine to fail.

Can you fly the aeroplane and "GET IN THE HOLE!" ??
😆

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

We need a new Links!

Microsoft is the best at creating golf sims so really hope they consider getting back in the market. We need a fully featured sim like Links 2003. The golf sim market has been lacking for a very long time now. There must be so many virtual golfers who would jump aboard a quality golf title in 2020.

I want offline seasons, I want to see some quality modern AI golfers, we lost all this. 

Bring back a Microsoft golf sim pretty please!

• Like 1

No, no, no. Everyone knows that a new Goat Sim is needed. With a virtual world already developed, they’ll take the field (see what I did there?) 😎

To make a new Links Golf simulator be on topic in a flight sim site, we could have the Goodyear Blimp featured in the sim. You could have the blimp show overhead shots and be able to set up preprogrammed flights for the blimp.

John Cottreau

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

I know with TGC2 there is a way to use LIDAR data to design courses in the game.   This is leading to very accurate renditions of real life courses.   

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Monster Truck Madness 3!

Microsoft isn't reading this forum as a whole, just the MSFS developers are.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]