Sign in to follow this  
Keyholebud

What would you like the "Testers" to Test?

I feel this would be a good topic for those who will be testing the Tech Alpha 1 or 2. What would you like to see tested in the new simulator to see if they are working well?

I would like to see them test:

Systems, Navigation, GPS, ILS, VNAV, LNAV, VOR, and how well they work.

Weather and winds, crosswinds, tail winds, pressure, temp, icing, and the effect on the flight dynamics.

Seeing as it is "whatever goes" type of alpha, I guess they are more into general feedback. You know, what do you think feels wrong, what should we add - that kind of feedback. They can't expect too much from bunch of unvetted testers, to a degree where someone's flight experience might have peaked with Battlefield titles. 

Not saying that this feedback in not valued, but most likely have their own tech team who will do validation of any component requirements.

41 minutes ago, Evros said:

Seeing as it is "whatever goes" type of alpha, I guess they are more into general feedback.

Kind of speculation on your part. With the interviews from the Dev's that is not the case. Plus the Tech Alpha application process was a list of questions, a Speed test and a Dxdiag upload. Vetted. But we got It, you don't care. Anyone else?

From the FS Elite developers interview: "We will listen to everything." (11:33).  Part of a discussion of the tech alpha starting at 10:00 that suggests it's very much a "'whatever goes' kind of alpha."

Also - testers will test what Microsoft and Asobo want them to test, not what users want them to test.

Sorry to disappoint.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Typically with an alpha test build there is software included that is recording telemetry data and sending it to base periodically. Coincidence with the FSX beta, I think not. So just running the software on a wide range of hardware configurations and letting them collect the crash dumps will be helpful. Next I expect they’ll be interested in user impressions on the software’s ergonomics and reports of anything that doesn’t look right. The best service to the user community the testers can do is to do as much as Asobo wants so development can be as efficient as possible. Slow is quick.

1 hour ago, Alan_A said:

Also - testers will test what Microsoft and Asobo want them to test, not what users want them to test.

Exactly!

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Would be glad if they could test if, for instance, reciprocating engine mixture bug has finally been fixed... Been there since ever, and makes your engine consume more as you initially lean mixture above a certain altitude ( I belive it starts around 3000+ ft ISA ), to only then start to reduce, as it should from the start.

This has always plagued MSFS reciprocating aircraft.

Some new turboprop modelling would be welcomed too. None of the mass civil sims do it correctly, namely modeling a free-runing turbine like that in the Pt-6... 

Test it testers, and get the feedback into the team....

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme disks, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm guessing they're very keen to see how a larger pool of users playing and actually streaming data over the internet works, assuming this is implemented in the this early Alpha build, will be quite key for them to monitor. As far as i'm aware, all builds that have been shown to press, streamers etc have been cached?

Anyways, as well as simply flying and keeping my eyes open for anything glaring, i'm looking forward to pushing certain scenarios to the extremes to see how things are being handled there.

3 hours ago, Alan_A said:

+1

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Some new turboprop modelling would be welcomed too. None of the mass civil sims do it correctly, namely modeling a free-runing turbine like that in the Pt-6... 

Didn’t X-Plane claim they model a pt6 correctly in 11.40+ with experimental mode on?

32 minutes ago, Peter Clark said:

Didn’t X-Plane claim they model a pt6 correctly in 11.40+ with experimental mode on?

Maybe, but it's not working like a Pt-6, at least in as far as RPM vs FF go, given fixed Condition.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme disks, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The average speed of streaming in different continents without it you will not run 4k streaming, and may not be able to stream MSFS at the best detail at 1080p.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I'm not selected for the first Alpha but please, don't report the obvious shortcomings like "bad" photogrammetry and such. But like others said, they will decided what needs to be tested (very likely that they will even use geo-restriction as to where you can fly).

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Maybe whether the A320 can land in the Hudson 🙂
(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Edited by siggy

Siggy Schwarz

If it's focused testing sessions, it isn't up to us to decide what they will test 🙂 They will receive such indications for whoever will be in charge of the closed alpha testing phase 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."