Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

I'm done

Andreas,Very mature advice. Thx.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I dunno, I don't think of them as poor guys. They just decided they didn't want to do it anymore. I find it funny, however, that they feel the need to announce it. Kinda tells me they'll be back.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest allcott

>I dunno, I don't think of them as poor guys. They just>decided they didn't want to do it anymore. I find it funny,>however, that they feel the need to announce it. Kinda tells>me they'll be back.>>Thomas>>[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com]>http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]>>I like using VC's :-)>N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180That's the way I see it. I think many actually want us to turn round and say " Oh no xxx, please don't go, we love you so much and your contributions are like so valuable." But as has been said, one leaves, two takes his place. Remember, at this point there are NO FSX experts outside of the development teams. Allcott

at this point FS is seasonal for me. i have dry spells of months, as after all real life is what feeds me and pays the bills....... FS is simply a money pit.

Guest archtx

>Okay, thanks for letting us know. Bye.>LOL! Wish I'd said that!

>Im not a computer expert but i do know computers and it seems>to me that the Intel boys,the Amd boys , the nvidia boys and>the ATI fellas, could care less about us hardcore simmers.>because all i see is there benchmark test on first person>shooters and such games .So what and what do they have to do with what benchmarks a particular hardware site runs anyway?>Bottom line is that we are at the bottom of the totem pole>when it comes to those wonderful companies i mentioned, i can>care less about 3d Benchmarks and all those high numbers the>com gets when you test your system.couldn't care less>Because as soon as i load up FS9 and all of the fixins, my com>boggs down to a wonderful 17 fps, and that is in good weather,>and im the only plane within miles.What has that got to do with the CPU/GPU manufacturers? You think that somehow current CPU/GPUs are optimised for 3D games and not FS?>yeah im going to go out and get all of the latest hardware,>and software so as soon as i get it home it will be old>hardware.That is always the case>Just imagine i will go out and buy a five hundred dollars vid>card so i can get a better frame rate , just to find out that>my cpu is to slow and im talking a 3800+ amd, then i will go>out and buy a faster cpu , and mother board , and more Ram ,>and more whatever it takes to have more frame rate. Just so i>can keep it at between 15 to 20 fps.>but i do know computers Your post suggests otherwise...

Other things limit my time with the sim but just as well, keeps it fresher. I am quite content to ease very slowly into FSX or perhaps even bypass it altogether - it's been a lot of years with fs.As a fellow musician, if ever there was something vastly more worthy of your time, it's music :) Enjoy yourself Bob, all the very best.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest Mr Chips

bobsk8,Ah yes, the FS lobster pot, where 85% of simming time amounts to reading reviews, buying addons, tweaking and praying that this new add-on you've just bought is the new pinnacle of realism.I didn't quite reach that point, but I quit using FS for ages as I could see where it was going. I've now achieved my main interim real world aviation goal so I'm more forgiving and can enjoy FS again. But still I get annoyed that one out of three flights results in multiple restarts whilst I figure out why something is CTDing or I'm getting 6fps instead of 25.FS is an amazing bit of kit, but I have learnt that if you actually want to do something practical with FS then it is nothing but tedium to get it setup right and the trial and error is relentless which I why I also bought ELITE.When I want a bit of aviation escapeism, FS is unbeatable, just make sure you have twice the amount of time available than you think you need ... just like real aviation - hehe.In short, I understand and know where you are comming from! You will return though, just leave it a year or two.All the best for your retirement and the music venture.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

I've been "gaming" in one form or another pretty much my entire life (since the mid seventies basically). My obsession waxes and wanes over time. Other preoccupations come along and divert my attention for a while. Interestingly enough, I too am currently involved in a musical endeavor. I started a geezer punk band a few months back and am having a great time trying to get a set together. Haven't been simming much at all for about 5 months now. However, when I do fire up FS9 for a few minutes I'm still as blown away as ever by it. I just think it's a remarkable product and I find it hugely more impressive than I do any of the currently hot first-person shooters or RT strategy games. When I take off and go flying around some remote locale or just my own part of the FS world, I get completely drawn in by the experience. The sim has always performed really well on my system and looks phenomenal afaic. I'll liley be back flying around obsessively in a month or two. That's just the way it goes...

Guest FxF3

Sorry trying to do the math here and wondering why all the drama over a new Sim. Lets add it up $75.00 with Tax for FSX deluxe. 1.The life of the Sim 2 years. Good Value2.The fun with the Sim unpriceable if thats a word.:-) 3.Reading all the B.S. and drama about the new FSX. priceless.No wonder FPS sell more. Seems like that group just gets the next version and has a ton of fun with it. No soap Oprea Dramas there.Sorry not trying to step on your toes but come on. Its a $75 piece of software. Buy it or Don't by it. Keep FS9 if you want thats ok 2. This forum can really bring you down at times. The doom and gloom around here at times just gets to be to much.This post is not directed at anybody just a view like all other post. I for one will be glad when my copy gets here.

Bob (if you are still around to read this)I am glad to hear that you are able to go after music more steadily now, and I wish you the best of luck with that. I've actually just redoubled my efforts since upgrading my computer, as I compose most of my music digitally, and the new Core 2 Duo has helped this tremendously. I've been trying my hand at scoring for an orchestra that exists completely in my RAM and harddrive, all through a midi keyboard.Good luck again in your endeavors, and I hope that the pleasant memories are what stays with you from your flight sim experience.

Guest neslesman

I've never had a PC "game" on my computer in my life and I'm approaching retirement. I got FS9 a few months back and it is without doubt the most fun I've had in decades doing something that didn't involve social activity, the outdoors or sex. I'm having a ball, so much so that I'm not even going to look at FSX until I take full advantage of the cheap software that will be here soon and a few freebies given to me by my brother (yes, technically they violate the EULA but are in the same household).For the few hundred bucks I will invest in FS9 I might have been able to go to a couple hockey games with my wife or a couple cultural events like the Stones or a good live play or two. A few higher end dinners at best all of which give me the sum total of two evenings of entertainment.If FS ain't the best bang for the buck I don't know what is. I've got the rest of my life to learn the "technicals", navigation, and all the wonders that go with this silly sim. I don't expect perfection from it, it's got lots of warts, so what? The pluses outweight the minuses by a huge margin.I think when a hobby becomes an obsession, like some of us let happen to us over golf, it's time to get out of the kitchen. I'm enjoying and looking forward to FS9, FS10 and/or FS??? being the catatlyst for a whole new world of knowledge and play and I'm certainly not going to let the shimmies or the blurries or less than stellar frame rates get in the way of that endeavour, I'll just turn a slider or two a bit to the left.

That's it, I'm quitting too. Enough is enough.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

OK, back from the kitchen with a beer. Just decided to rejoin the hobby, but I'm warning all of you, it won't take much to make me quit again.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest drdaru1

well i guess it's time to make that pp-asel a pp-asel-ia :(