Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Has there been an ETA on release for MSFS2020 yet?

I know it will be out some time in 2020, but has anyone heard anything on when we can expect it to be out and price?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Nothing has been announced yet, no.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Well then I hope it will be out at least 1st half of 2020. 🙂

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

At XO19 the devs would not comment on a release date other than summer 2020 probable will depend on how well the pre-alpha goes, which at the moment has been delayed, and had not been released at the time of XO19 but were hopping to in the next week. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I know it's nowhere near the same game but I was part of the Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Technical Alpha and the first version was released in May. The game eventually was released on October 1st so a Summer release might be realistic but it might also be later than that (because the scope is so much bigger).

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Robert Gerauld (MS) made a comment in this regard this video at 10:23min:

Siggy Schwarz

When it's ready. We are barely in alpha now, the discovery series of videos isn't even finished yet it doesn't make much sense to ask or wonder about release date yet

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

12 hours ago, france89 said:

When it's ready. We are barely in alpha now, the discovery series of videos isn't even finished yet it doesn't make much sense to ask or wonder about release date yet

Tech Alpha has not even been released as of today.

We are very close...

I've been reading this for the past few weeks... How many different ways can they say "soon?" :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My gut (but that's all I've got to go on) tells me it'll be a late-year release - late third quarter or early fourth quarter, for the holiday season.

The only reason I can think of for releasing earlier is if seasons aren't fully baked.  A summer release would give them a couple of months of peace before the northern hemisphere starts complaining that fall and winter have gone missing...

It must be fun to be a developer...! 😎

I have it on good authority that if the game comes out in 2020, you will most likely see it in the Jan-Dec timeframe. But don't quote me on that.

• Like 1