Sign in to follow this  
captain420

New computer needed for MSFS 2020?

With much anticipation I am deciding whether or not I should save up now so that I can start piecing together parts for a brand new computer build so that I can run the sim as smoothly as possible. My current setup is in my signature. Do you guys think I will be able to run this sim fairly smooth in 4k with my current setup? Or do you guys recommend I spec out parts for a new computer build from the ground up for this upcoming sim?

Do you guys think I can build a pretty beastly machine with a $1500 budget? The CPU and GPU alone will cost the most. I plan on going for an i9 with RTX 2080 unless something new and better comes along by the time I have saved enough money.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Wait and see ...In 2020 we will get new Comet LAKE , New Ryzen , Ampere and Navi so it's big mistake to build computer now for MSFS 2020.

Actually they are running at 40 50 fps on 4K all settings maximum but without Ai traffic  with 8700K + RTX 2080 ti + 64 gb DDR4

(sorry for my bad english)

Edited by topatov
  • Upvote 2

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

Like @topatov said, better to wait around and see what comes regarding new hardware options. The best "time" to build your pc is when they announce the system requirements. Of course, you can already start saving up though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I am hoping that a 25Mhz 386SX with 1MB RAM will be enough. Bill Gates told me that 640K RAM is good enough for anyone, so I should be fine. Anyway, I want to party like it's 1992 (the year of my first PC) :smile:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I really want to know if the game will run smoother (with 100% AI traffic activated) on 16/32 cores/threads at 4.0ghz or 8/16 cores/threads at 5.0ghz.  AMD vs Intel     I'm sure I wont get a accurate answer until after the game has been released and optimized. 

Edited by Brandon0110

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

The 2080ti card alone is gonna run you close to $1,500.00 USD...!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

8 hours ago, topatov said:

In 2020 we will get new Comet LAKE

Lol, I wouldn't hold my breath. They'll probably just push out another 14nm+++++++++++++++++++, albeit on a new socket.

But yeah, it is only wise to start picking components when minimum and recommended specs are released. And even then I would wait for proper reviews.

Edited by Evros

17 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

The 2080ti card alone is gonna run you close to $1,500.00 USD...!

But no longer when the next generation will be released!

So wait as long as possible and you will safe a lot of money (or will be tempted to buy the next gen grafic card...).

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

9 hours ago, topatov said:

40 50 fps on 4K all settings maximum but without Ai traffic

Just as I was thinking that once implemented, AI traffic will slow down the sim considerably, I started wondering whether "realworld" AI traffic could be "calculated and tracked" in the cloud and thereby mitigate the need for every single PC to constantly re-calculate it.

Would it be too big a task and end up dragging down the everyone's sim with latency issues in any case due to the sheer numbers involved?

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Bandwidth and a fast connection will most likely be the deciding factors. Depending on how (which of the three "modes") one chooses to run MSFS in, of course.

If 4K is a must a beefy GPU will probably be needed as well.

Edited by speedyTC

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

rtx 2080ti super incoming 🙂 

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10