Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Default Aircraft

To the devs, I know you're working hard, doing everything you can.

I would love to see tons of aircraft come with the product as defaults so users have a lot of choice.  We have seen many already in the promotional videos, and there have been hints you are working with other partners to produce more, which is great news for users.  I hope you will consider including a 737 as well for us users to enjoy.

Thanks for your efforts, looking forward to the results!

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

9 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

To the devs, I know you're working hard, doing everything you can.

I would love to see tons of aircraft come with the product as defaults so users have a lot of choice.  We have seen many already in the promotional videos, and there have been hints you are working with other partners to produce more, which is great news for users.  I hope you will consider including a 737 as well for us users to enjoy.

Thanks for your efforts, looking forward to the results!

I hope at least the Bell JetRanger is a feature as well. 

As already discussed and cussed :happy: there will be NO helicopters in the first release. They will come later on...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you want a nice view of the terrain as you fly there seems to be a great landing gear view under the fuselage.

Mike Beckwith

I was definitely hoping for only a few but very well simulated aircraft out of the box. By including too many poorly done aircraft, MS contradicts their mantra to "do it only if we can do it right". I'm not really talking "study level" aircraft (although it'd be a dream to have the TBM at that level, something completely missing in FSX/P3D atm), but up to a detail that hardcore simmers (and the platform is supposed to be considered a "hardcore sim") could really enjoy.

It looks like they will have only one default aircraft per category at the beginning. So don't expect a B737 because there already is the A320, and no A330 because there is the B748.

I support that approach. More will certainly come later be it by addon developers or Asobo themsleves.

Edited by RALF9636

They have listed the manufactures at XO19 on the interview with FSElite they said you have not seen them all yet.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

22 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I would love to see tons of aircraft come with the product as defaults

Why the hell "tons" ?! Quantity means low quality. Is that what some expect MSFS to be ?

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2019 at 4:29 PM, n4gix said:

As already discussed and cussed :happy: there will be NO helicopters in the first release. They will come later on...

Define "later on..." 

I would hope that's sooner rather than later or else there will likely be a revolt against the new Flight Simulator with the helicopter sim community, which to me still seems to be going fairly strong in spite of Hovercontrol having gone the wayside. It seems utterly foolish NOT to include helicopters in the initial release since they had been a default feature of Flight Simulator since Flight Simulator 1998.

I just hope that the "later releases" aren't years down the road, because I remember vividly there were some promised releases post-FSX that never happened. One of them was supposed to be the successor to FSX, as I recall they were working on its successor when ACES was disbanded.

I don't think there were helis in FS-98, were there?  I don't think they came around until about FS-2002.

1 hour ago, SteveRosenow said:

Define "later on..." 

I have no idea at all. It was made clear that they are going to code the flight dynamics for helicopters, but they are still busy laying the foundations for the simulator. My best "guesstimate" would be within the first year of initial release. MS/ASOBO have made a commitment for at least ten years of updates and polishing.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 11/21/2019 at 6:58 AM, andyjohnston.net said:

I don't think there were helis in FS-98, were there?  I don't think they came around until about FS-2002.

The Bell 206 has been a default helicopter in Flight Simulator since FS98.

I still have it on my laptop.

14 minutes ago, SteveRosenow said:

The Bell 206 has been a default helicopter in Flight Simulator since FS98.

I still have it on my laptop.

I stand corrected.

It makes me wonder though. Asobo seems to be making it a point to embrace reverse compatibility by allowing users to use the old ESP flight dynamics. In theory, shouldn't it be possible to adapt old FSX/P3D helicopters to the basic flight dynamics engine, at least as a holdover until Asobo focuses on helicopters in earnest?