Sign in to follow this  
Chandler

P3D Windows at darkness in VR

Hey Guys,

I have one problem which is really anoying and want to find out if any other user has it too.

Once it becomes dark in P3D or is not fully bright day, I have problems to bring up the ATC window or the GSX window. No problem in daylight conditions,but as soon the sun sets I need several attempts or even need to switch views, to bring it up. I use chaseplane for views, so it might be a contributing factor. Anyone else seeing this?

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

5 hours ago, Chandler said:

Hey Guys,

I have one problem which is really anoying and want to find out if any other user has it too.

Once it becomes dark in P3D or is not fully bright day, I have problems to bring up the ATC window or the GSX window. No problem in daylight conditions,but as soon the sun sets I need several attempts or even need to switch views, to bring it up. I use chaseplane for views, so it might be a contributing factor. Anyone else seeing this?

Me too. I use shader mods. With envshade and tomatoshade this issue comes up. I dont have a solution yet. Donyou use shader mods too? Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Me too. I use shader mods. With envshade and tomatoshade this issue comes up. I dont have a solution yet. Donyou use shader mods too? Regards Marcus

Hi Marcus,

thanks for your answer, yes I use envshade.

Okay, then its a pitty but at least I know the root cause.

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

Well after I reset my P3D to default, its event worse, now the ATC window never appears in VR anymore, only in normals view. So the shadertool was not the culprit.

Man this sim anoys me so much, I hope this is gone with the new one...

The GSX (and I suppose other 2D windows like ATC which I don't use) window is a bit fickle. Sometimes it shows up in VR, other times not. I haven't been able to figure what's driving this behaviour. Hopefully LM will figure this out and fix it for future updates.

Restarting p3d and your HMD software sometimes helps

31 minutes ago, andreh said:

The GSX (and I suppose other 2D windows like ATC which I don't use) window is a bit fickle. Sometimes it shows up in VR, other times not. I haven't been able to figure what's driving this behaviour. Hopefully LM will figure this out and fix it for future updates.

Restarting p3d and your HMD software sometimes helps

Yes, that was exactly the behaviour I've seen, but after I installed all again, in other words a nacked P3D with no addons, it was completely gone in darkness and never showed up anymore.

Sorry to say, but this kind of stuff plus the daily crashes makes me wanna get rid of P3D sooner than later. But there is hope on the horizon.

1 hour ago, Chandler said:

Well after I reset my P3D to default, its event worse, now the ATC window never appears in VR anymore, only in normals view. So the shadertool was not the culprit.

Trx rebuilding Shaders in the sim. You could do that whyle the sim is running. That helps often. Maybe try it at daytime in P3D. That is what i do. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 11/20/2019 at 5:35 AM, Chandler said:

I do believe, the new sim won't be supporting VR right away.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

20 hours ago, Arklight1 said:

I do believe, the new sim won't be supporting VR right away.

But it will at some point...;-)

2 hours ago, Chandler said:

But it will at some point...;-)

Let's hope! 🙂

I'm sure they will add season's first though. Lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3