Sign in to follow this  
vekant 1

[Answered] Group per airline

Hello, Congratulations for FS Reborn Pro I like very much!

I have however a small question or recommendation. I would like to create a group per airline. If I create a group now it takes all aircraft models directly. But I’d like to take for example that British Airways planes. To share a British profile with a friend. Is it possible to add this in an update?

Thank you Very much

Kévin,

Broucker Kévin // MSFS

4 minutes ago, vekant 1 said:

Hello, Congratulations for FS Reborn Pro I like very much!

I have however a small question or recommendation. I would like to create a group per airline. If I create a group now it takes all aircraft models directly. But I’d like to take for example that British Airways planes. To share a British profile with a friend. Is it possible to add this in an update?

Thank you Very much

Kévin,

Hi Kevin,

You could in theory do this but you would need to separate your base AI models and Aircraft.cfg files in order to achieve the results. Let me explain..

Let's say for example you have a base model, let say the FAIB A320, which will have a base model and a base Aircraft.cfg file:

So all your FAIB repaints will share:

FAIBA320 model file (.MDL) and all the FAIB will be declared inside the Aircraft.cfg file where things are detailed:

Aircraft.cfg file:
[General]
Type=Airbus

[FLIGHT.1]
model= model1.mdl
British Aircraft

[FLIGHT.2]
model= model1.mdl
American Airlines

[FLIGHT.35]

model= model1.mdl
Aeromexico

etc.
----

So since all these "Repaints" are sharing the same .MDL and the same Aircraft.cfg it means they will share the same lighting configuration as per P3D SDK specifications. This is why when you try to do your Group per Airline it brings along others as they share the same configuration.

If you wish to do this, you would need to separate all your British airplanes to have their own Aicraft.cfg file and their own .MDL on their own folder.

Kind Regards,
Simbol