Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tingoose

Strange anomalies in FSX

Just wondering if anyone else has run across this problem. I'm getting reflection like anomalies in the window views of all FSX aircraft. I've tried different display settings including turning of all aircraft shadows, AA, AF ect. but have not been able to get rid of them. I don't believe it's a driver issue since I don't have this problems with either FS9 or the FSX demo.Dell 8400 640(3.2GHz/800FSB) | 2GB pc2-4200 | 256MB GeForce 7600 GS 91.47 drivers) | Samsung 204B 20

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

That's the reflection from the glass....Look at your car window on a bright day, and you will see the reflection of the dash. That is what you seeing from the aircraft...the dash, etc...

Guest Sean Reeder

Ya as menitoned before, its a window reflection.

Hmmmmmmmm...ok. Sure makes it difficult to see out.:-roll Is there such as thing as too real as it gets!!:D

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Guest Water Mango

This is the kind of post/thread that amazes me... Here you have reflections in most every payware aircraft and now I'm reading things like this about default aircraft. Judging by the pictures posted here I see no problem seeing out the VC...

I've got plenty of payware aircraft but for some reason I never noticed the reflections...I just purchased a new monitor and video card this week so maybe they're just more visible in 1600X1200 then they were in 1280x1024.. or..I was having a senior moment. ;(

Guest Tingoose

Perhaps the payware aircraft you have don't feature window reflections and/or you had window reflections switched off? Anyway, enjoy the added realism of window reflections, although I fear yet another feature to put a strain on frames.