Sign in to follow this  
Guest vegasflyboy2004

Oldies but goodies...

Guest vegasflyboy2004

Was out at McCarran (KLAS) the other night doing some spotting. Saw a DHL 727 landing on 25L the same time as a Champion Air 727 was leaving out on 25R. Was cool to see some Boeing history on parallel runways.

It's pretty cool to see those parallel runways in use. I used to work at McCarran, my favorite was sitting outside at the smoke pit alon runway 1R-19L watching those Hawaiian DC-10s and the JAL 747-4's coming in on 19 L. I'm active duty as well, at Tinker flying on the E-3's, but Las Vegas is my hometown. You're lucky you got Nellis, it was very hard for me to leave my hometown.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest vegasflyboy2004

I'm on F-16's here at Nellis, avionics tech. I consider Vegas my hometown as I grew up in Nevada. I won't be at Nellis much longer though, I have orders to Kunsan. Second time in ten years being in Korea. After that I'm off to Germany, but my heart will always be in Vegas.