Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

FSX - You gotta be kidding me....

Using the latest demo (my BB didn't have the final version today, so they said) I just noticed that the pilot's head moves when I push the rudder from one side to the other...Nice touch...BTW, I'm getting flashing ocean textures using any 1.x water setting. It doesn't seem to do it when using any 2.x water setting. My first guess is Nvidia driver version issue as it doesn't seem to matter what I adjust in the game or in the driver settings. Anyone else see this?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest dpc

Yes. I see the flashing on the 1.x as well. I use 2.x Low and the water looks great. I actually prefer it to 2.x med or high. This is on the release version / delux.Dave

Understood, but any 2.x setting is too much of a hit on FPS for my personal taste. As I understand it, any 2.x setting causes each scene to be rendered twice so I would prefer a 1.x setting if I could figure out what the problem is.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest tcable

Clearly to me a driver issue. Have you tried a different driver- there are so many for nVidia cards. IT seems best to stick with a good driver from them instead of the flavor of the week- this is how they've been for a long time. fix UT2004, break 10 other titles....

Agreed, it certainly does look like a driver issue but the 91.31 (I think) has been working so well for me for many months on everything. I probably won't take the time to troubleshoot the demo without first seeing the results on the reatil version. The 91.47 gave me reduced FPS in FS9.1. What other driver versions are folks successfully running on FSX with any noted graphics issues? How about the 92.9x beta series?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE