Sign in to follow this  
seamaster55

New interview in French

Nothing new.

About the development team he said there are 120 people at Bordeaux and more than 20 at Seattle.

edit: also about multiplayer he said that you can activate the traffic inside a session, I don't remember if this was possible with FSX

Edited by cepact
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, cepact said:

Nothing new.

About the development team he said there are 120 people at Bordeaux and more than 20 at Seattle.

edit: also about multiplayer he said that you can activate the traffic inside a session, I don't remember if this was possible with FSX

Thanks for that - such a quick response from someone!

No sure if it was posted somewhere else, but we will have sort of Flightradar24 AI traffic, up to 50 000 aircrafts

Edited by bendead
addon
  • Like 4

It was nice to see a lot of different ages of people try the sim and both male and female. Hope we get a lot of diverse NEW flight simmers using MSFS 2020 on both PC and then on the Xbox platform. Interesting times ahead for the hobby.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

6 hours ago, bendead said:

No sure if it was posted somewhere else, but we will have sort of Flightradar24 AI traffic, up to 50 000 aircrafts

This is outstanding!  Amazing to see real world traffic in the sim, rather than flying "alone". 

So cool flying international routes and spotting other aircraft in the sim. Maybe we can have the comms radio auto-tune and hear real world comms too (ie streamed from internet)?

Also, are cargo ships tracked on the internet? Be nice to see real world ships in the sim!

And how about traffic data for roads? So the amount of traffic on roads matches the real world... ie lots of traffic at peak hour.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

It appears that most large ships and cruise ships have very current radar/gps systems on their ships when watching shows about them on channels like Discovery and Smithsonian here in the states. Now I am not sure if they can pick up those pesky Pirates in the tiny boats. The data also may not be public? I have no idea how that works. Man these poor MSFS developers, our request ( including from me, now I want pirates ) never ends 🙂 They will never get this sim released with all our request. At some point they have to say, alright, we are going Gold with these features. After that we will fix the initial bugs, and over the next years we will add feature's, such request as pirates ( it's a joke about the pirates everyone )!

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I like the part where he goes... : " I Shelllle Zay thisss onlie uance .... ! "

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Extremely interesting because Sébastien is more at ease speaking in his own language. Some takes

- the feedback of simmers is very important to them, they take  some decisions after reading reactions from the teasers they release. They expect a lot from the testing about the simmers feel.

- his computer at work has a middle of the road card @ 2560 res.

- beyond the 120 people in France and about 20 in the US, they want to build an ecosystem in which 3rd party would bring content. 

- up to 50,000 live AI and players aircraft in the skies

- the VR roadmap not yet finalized because they want to do better than a simple stereopic vision 

sorry I don’t have time this morning to make something better translated. I hope that YT will subtitle it ! 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Also, they love the 747  as a plane  !

Just sayin’...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

He mentioned too that they cannot still comment on the PC requirements because they are still working on the optimization...

Isn't it the optimization the latest stage before releasing a game? Another question is how long requires this optimization...

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Agree with the previous Cepac and Domkle messages and for once I can use my native language skill at AVSIM forum 😉 Here are the round off previous posts

• ASOBO monitors community reactions for whatever material they release.
  • ASOBO has a long term and close relationship with Microsoft, started long time ago with the Hololens platform (ASOBO HoloTour) with photogrametry expertise and satellite data, then Fuel game later. ASOBO found a perfect fit when Microsoft mentioned Flight Simulator because it includes a lot of innovative technologies were ASOBO is relevant and enthusiasm in.
  • What are the new technologies involved ? : cloud for storage, GPU performance to render a new sky system including clouds, lights (day, night) and finally the power of recent material to simulate accurately how a real plane behaves.
  • Sebastian WLOCH (CEO ASOBO) is a real pilot for years and still astonihed when he flies for real. Surprisingly, he said that "flying in real life is better than any video game" as he initially though than real flights should be too much book-centric and technics related. ASOBO want to feed the sim with this unbelievable feeling.
  • How Flight Simulator manage the compute power needed to render all what ASOBO want to implement ? : they use all power available CPU cores are used at max., sound environment pays special attention (flying thru clouds, sounds resulted on forces applied on aircraft structure for eg in aerobatics), camera views are simulated to recreate the sense of flying (PoV).
  • What are the PC spec requirement ? : not released as ASOBO is still in the optimization process memory, CPU, GPU and Internet connection/bandwidth. The sim will be highly configurable. For example the number of LOD (20 available on every part of the world) is easy to reduce if needed to match several PC specs. Sebastian took the example of his own usage focused on flight model and were he needs high fps. He mentioned 60 fps is easy to achieve. He plays in 2.5k resolution and has a GPU, in his office PC, which is years old and very accessible. 4K is the native resolution of the game. Regarding Internet connection, he reminds the offline mode without satellite rendition but all trees, houses, roads, lights, topography/elevations are there.
  • Online and real trafic. Real trafic has been yet demonstrated to the journalist. Online spec are not released. Live or any type of trafics is activable or not. Multiplayer (playing in group) should be available. 
  • Virtual Reality. ASOBO has a strong VR DNA and mixed reality experience. The roadmap is not defined.
  • Next step ? Tech. Alpha in the coming days or weeks, to collect users feedback and prioritize what is really important at first because there are 48000 airports and a lot of different planes model in the world. Team size ? Around 120 people at Bordeaux, France and around 20 in Microsoft offices.

First release will be for the PC platform in 2020. XBox later.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Thanks to all you french (speaking) guys for translating!

Merci beaucoup!

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

On his graphic card which is not expensive, the sim is running very well.

They have 20 different LOD for each part of the word, so if your fps go down, it will go to the next LOD level so you almost won t notice any difference but the sim will run 4x faster.

From what I understand, the weather system is GPU dependent and the aerodynamics are CPU dependent, all cores are used.

In offline mode, only the orthophotos are less accurate but each house will be there.

Nice interview !

• Like 5