Sign in to follow this  
strider1

X-Plane Q&A (November 2019)

On 11/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, Colonel X said:

Yeah, well, it's just a bunch of devs, so I wouldn't expect a show there. I don't know what people were expecting really. I mean the road ahead is pretty clear, get Vulcan stable, then add long wanted changes for atmosphere, later weather ect.  - ATC is being worked on as slow as ever - but in the end, it's a good plan for a small team. Mobile keeps the cash coming and that's why it is a legit part of the plan. Of course FS2020 in a way caught them cold, but I think Laminar has a strong, open platform and need not to be worried at all, really. FS2020 has a few headline features, but X-Plane is in a good place, too.

Well said

While LR continue working, they'll are better off keeping a cool head and not letting their emotions get in the way rather than jumping every time Microsoft wants to show off another video only to get  the reaction they want which is IMOP is what they are doing.

LR with there small team has stayed true to their road map. Because as you said in your post "has a good plan" for their size, the whole time. That's how they are able to be consistent  through there history of releases instead of going on a 13 year hiatus only to come back something with challenges that could potentially send them into uncharted territory with an uncertain future. 

• Like 1

With the advent of MSFS, it would seem LR have been caught napping and are visibly trying to play marketing catch-up. Unfortunately they will lose a significant market share, but I doubt will be out for the count. However XP will need more than ever a thorough graphical overall, and quickly, if it is to remain a major desktop simulator. Time to outsource perhaps? They could do worse than hiring Short final Design for the texturing and xEnviro for the weather!

They were absolutely caught off guard. Fact is that ASOBO been working on this for 4+ years. And none of us knew, The absolute Spamboy-ism in the X-Plane crowd is mind boggling. When presented with a worthwhile simulation, that may take back  some of the market share they had with Civil Flight. More than a few just went bonkers. I left FSX for P3d, then left P3d for X-plane. I just want a quality sim. Seems to me that ASOBO are hitting all the right parts. When you read and listen to everything they said. They are committed. I see it. A lot of us see it. Some unfortunately refuse to see it. I'm sorry a mobile device for flight sims, when you can barely get 30 FPS on X- Plane on a Nice PC rig. Oh don't dare say that you want 60 FPS, your just a stupid FP Shooter guy, not a "real simmer.

Edited by Keyholebud
  • Like 2

Very simple for me.I just sit back and watch X Plane get better.Big difference compared to when i had XP9. The only thing i miss is the Canadair water plane for wild fires.Good STOL challenge when you look out the windshield looking for a water source and say Can i do it? X Plane is here to stay.!!!!

Edited by Paul Deluca

15 hours ago, Keyholebud said:

I just want a quality sim. Seems to me that ASOBO are hitting all the right parts.

Have fun with FS20 then!

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 11/25/2019 at 7:45 AM, Bjoern said:

Have fun with FS20 then!

I will. XP and MSFS. When the sims get better and My rigs get faster. I will enjoy them.