Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

MK Studios - Lisbon - 50% Off

Looks really good - too bad the fsx is not on sale.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

5 hours ago, ctiger said:

Looks really good - too bad the fsx is not on sale.

What is this FSX you speak of???

Just kidding, time to move to Prepar3D...

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Just picked up MK Lisbon. WOW!! That is a darn nice scenery!!! It's beautiful.

Dangit, now I'm going to probably end up getting Dublin. 

• Like 1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

16 hours ago, TurboKen said:

What is this FSX you speak of???

Just kidding, time to move to Prepar3D...

Well I guess I will just wait for the new FSX and I am sure will need a new computer.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

On 11/20/2019 at 4:18 PM, TurboKen said:

"...Just kidding, time to move to Prepar3D...

You're not serious, right? With the new, next-generation MSFS on the horizon & on its way, one should laterally "move to Prepar3D", essentially a 64bit, modestly improved version of the 2006 FSX engine? Not so sure about that. I have already begun to scale back my FSX addon purchases in anticipation of [purchasing] the new MSFS release... although I did purchase 3 FSX addons today ;).

I would think that, with MSFS on the way, one might as well stick with FSX, P3D, X-Plane, or whatever their existing sim of choice is, etc., and enjoy their respective sim (with perhaps a new addon sprinkled in on infrequent occasions), until the new MSFS is released. Then, they can [continue to] use both. Not totally sure what an admittedly marginally & incrementally-improved, lateral move from FSX to either P3D or X-Plane accomplishes at this point given that a new generation sim is in the wings (so to speak lol) ;).

Edited by RustyFlyer
omission

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

1 hour ago, RustyFlyer said:

You're not serious, right? With the new, next-generation MSFS on the horizon & on its way, one should laterally "move to Prepar3D", essentially a 64bit, modestly improved version of the 2006 FSX engine? Not so sure about that. I have already begun to scale back my FSX addon purchases in anticipation of [purchasing] the new MSFS release... although I did purchase 3 FSX addons today ;).

I would think that, with MSFS on the way, one might as well stick with FSX, P3D, X-Plane, or whatever their existing sim of choice is, etc., and enjoy their respective sim (with perhaps a new addon sprinkled in on infrequent occasions), until the new MSFS is released. Then, they can [continue to] use both. Not totally sure what an admittedly marginally & incrementally-improved, lateral move from FSX to either P3D or X-Plane accomplishes at this point given that a new generation sim is in the wings (so to speak lol) ;).

I think I'll wait until MSFS releases before I pass judgement on how much better it is. I've seen a lot of videos for a lot of games promising a lot of things in the past. The 64 bit architecture of P3D is worth it alone, imo. 

Lol

Edited by Arklight1
  • Upvote 1

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

2 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

I think I'll wait until MSFS releases before I pass judgement on how much better it is. I've seen a lot of videos for a lot of games promising a lot of things in the past. The 64 bit architecture of P3D is worth it alone, imo. 

If you feel like spending the next 6 months, year or whatever waiting than feel free. I think I'll enjoy what is here now. Maybe when FS2020 comes out you could hold off buying it and wait for FS2021, then FS2022...then....then....

Lol

Completely agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pedrotrindade said:

Completely agree.

Somehow I edited my post. I tried to correct one thing and it's all gone. Lol

Ark

12 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

"I think I'll wait until MSFS releases before I pass judgement on how much better it is...."

Never stated that MSFS was going to better. What I stated, a few times, was that it would be next and/or new generation. Might it be better than the current crop of simulators? Maybe but also probably. Might it even be worse than the present generation? Possibly. But will it be next or new generation as I actually stated a couple of times though? Most definitely 😉

Um... "lol" 😉

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

17 hours ago, RustyFlyer said:

Never stated that MSFS was going to better. What I stated, a few times, was that it would be next and/or new generation. Might it be better than the current crop of simulators? Maybe but also probably. Might it even be worse than the present generation? Possibly. But will it be next or new generation as I actually stated a couple of times though? Most definitely 😉

Um... "lol" 😉

The 64 bit architecture of P3D is worth it over FSX for that fact alone. You can't speak of new tech and not mention the actual architecture of a product. What I said stands, why not just keep waiting for the next thing and the the next thing and the next thing? Technically speaking, something next generation or new os always coming. There's no logic in waiting since it would be perpetual. 

Ark

3 hours ago, Arklight1 said:

The 64 bit architecture of P3D is worth it over FSX for that fact alone. You can't speak of new tech and not mention the actual architecture of a product. What I said stands, why not just keep waiting for the next thing and the the next thing and the next thing? Technically speaking, something next generation or new os always coming. There's no logic in waiting since it would be perpetual. 

Again, and similarly, I also never said to "wait". I simply said that moving *laterally* [to, say, P3D] from, say, FSX for only the incremental improvement that P3D, as a 64bit platform, offers makes little sense when an entirely new, next-generation sim, with an entirely new set of scenery & weather-rendering processes, etc. is in the works and coming down the pike. Reading comprehension is not as strong a suit of yours as trying to create friction otherwise is, eh?

Why so defensive about P3D?! lol My original comment questioning a lateral move to P3D was not a put-down, nor was it disparaging. Now, if you contend that P3D is a 'light-years-ahead' sim versus, say, FSX, then yes, you and I disagree. Is P3D "better" than FSX? Yes, of course it is. But is it worth, at this point in time with a new sim on the horizon, investing in when one is already coming from a sim which probably represents an already sizeable investment over the years, then no, I do not think it is. Were there to be no new sims in the offing, then I might think otherwise. But there is, and I don't.  I have no more comments for you; you are needlessly confrontational.

Edited by RustyFlyer
omission

2 hours ago, RustyFlyer said:

Again, and similarly, I also never said to "wait". I simply said that moving *laterally* [to, say, P3D] from, say, FSX for only the incremental improvement that P3D, as a 64bit platform, offers makes little sense when an entirely new, next-generation sim, with an entirely new set of scenery & weather-rendering processes, etc. is in the works and coming down the pike. Reading comprehension is not as strong a suit of yours as trying to create friction otherwise is, eh?

Why so defensive about P3D?! lol My original comment questioning a lateral move to P3D was not a put-down, nor was it disparaging. Now, if you contend that P3D is a 'light-years-ahead' sim versus, say, FSX, then yes, you and I disagree. Is P3D "better" than FSX? Yes, of course it is. But is it worth, at this point in time with a new sim on the horizon, investing in when one is already coming from a sim which probably represents an already sizeable investment over the years, then no, I do not think it is. Were there to be no new sims in the offing, then I might think otherwise. But there is, and I don't.  I have no more comments for you; you are needlessly confrontational.

I'm not confrontational, perhaps you are too soft-skinned. 

Cya.

Ark

On 11/22/2019 at 1:43 PM, RustyFlyer said:

Well that depends on what you do with P3D and FSX. I personally would have lots of OOM errors in FSX which I can max out P3D with no crashing. I run a lot of scenery and payware stuff.

Thing is if you are wanting to keep all your add-on's your only upgrade path is P3D. If you are ok with starting new wait for FS2020. But who's to say you cant use both. I have far too much money in P3D to just abandon it. Its all up to the OP.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+