Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Orbx kills OpenLC Asia

Since my last post on this thread, ORBX Central is now working and I've moved on to TE & Photo sceneries. They are a huge upgrade over the FTXG/LC combo. I would not sweat this too much as there's a new sim coming in 2020 that should give us some beautiful Asia textures that should blow away anything available right now.

So be merry this new year. 😀

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Since my last post on this thread, ORBX Central is now working and I've moved on to TE & Photo sceneries. They are a huge upgrade over the FTXG/LC combo. I would not sweat this too much as there's a new sim coming in 2020 that should give us some beautiful Asia textures that should blow away anything available right now.

So be merry this new year. 😀

A new sim coming? Do tell. :ohmy:

• Like 1

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

DJJose you are right sir, the future is bright and there will be many choices coming. As for now I have plenty in the basket with Prepare and X-Plane to keep me busy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyclone1 said:

DJJose you are right sir, the future is bright and there will be many choices coming. As for now I have plenty in the basket with Prepare and X-Plane to keep me busy. 

I read somewhere that X-Plane will one day have updated weather. Looking at the next rendition of TE (FL) it can come soon enough for me. I absolutely despise weather depiction in XP.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

13 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I read somewhere that X-Plane will one day have updated weather. Looking at the next rendition of TE (FL) it can come soon enough for me. I absolutely despise weather depiction in XP.

See https://fselite.net/news/fselite-exclusive-a-future-x-plane-update-will-focus-on-weather-clouds-and-lighting/

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I have a feeling that TE PNW for P3d is dead in the water too.( was supposed to have come out in 2018/2019 originally)

With MSFS 2020 coming up in a year or less, it would not make good business sense to go ahead with it.

Never used XP but since XP is ortho scenery by default, TE regions seem to be quicker to develop for XP. Orbx released virtually the whole west coast of US ( and Florida probably soon) in less than a year!. With P3d , this would be a pipe dream. I figure that since P3d is texture based, doing TE areas with photoscenery/full autogen is very intensive and takes much longer to do than XP. Plus it seems like TE is more of a performance hit with ESP sims.

Now that this topic has gone so far away from the title, perhaps it might be good to take it a little further away again and point out that OpenLC Africa has apparently entered the beta stage.

This is not for X Plane 11 but for P3D and FSX.

10 hours ago, Reader said:

Now that this topic has gone so far away from the title, perhaps it might be good to take it a little further away again and point out that OpenLC Africa has apparently entered the beta stage.

Music to my ears :)))

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000

On 1/18/2020 at 10:15 AM, Reader said:

Here is the invisible post, just two above yours.🤨

40 minutes ago, Reader said:

Here is the invisible post, just two above yours.🤨

oh dear 😴🤦‍♂️

Carsten U

Sigh, so sad to hear that openLC Asia is dead. I was waiting for this product for years only to recently have discovered this thread. Makes more sense to release openLC Asia than Africa. Asia is such a neglected region when it comes to flight simming. NA and EU are plentiful, but not much for Asia. I wish more developers would focus on this region. It makes more sense to me than Africa. Oh well. Anyways, I'm waiting for MSFS 2020 to come out, hopefully by then I wouldn't be thinking about openLC anymore.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Sigh, so sad to hear that openLC Asia is dead.

Why did you revive this thread? There are no new developments as far as I'm aware.

The title is still misleading. ORBX did never confirm that OLC Asia is dead. That was just the original posters conjecture.

• Upvote 1