Sign in to follow this  
jlund

Pushback in MSFS

I Believe it's in one of the very first videos we can see an A320 been pushed back in KLAX. There's even a proper pushback truck and since MS and ASOBO said they monitor this group, I would make a suggestion that they  take a good look at Better Pushback in X-Plane, on how it should be done.

Both GSX and UGCX has a pushback feature, but they're more difficult to set up in my opinion, so unless MS have found a better and easier way, I think Better pushback is the best of the three "contenders".

What do you guys think, how would you like to see this feature made?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

+1

And I hope the pushback trucks also work with AI airplanes. I don't want to see those 180 degrees turns out of the gate anymore 😝

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Better Pushback is definitely a must-have add-on for X-Plane precisely for what an excellent solution it is for this topic.

EDIT: This is what you get when you have a good developer, who is motivated, and not blocked or hindered by corporate interests, different and random priorities, etc. It's just perfect.

Edited by bashope

2 hours ago, flxwng said:

+1

And I hope the pushback trucks also work with AI airplanes. I don't want to see those 180 degrees turns out of the gate anymore 😝

+1

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

On this subject I would of thought we’d see more airport operations covered in more detail at this stage considering how complete the sim is beginning to look. The trailer shows the pushback and baggage handlers etc but I can’t recall a single video/screenshot since.

58 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

On this subject I would of thought we’d see more airport operations covered in more detail at this stage considering how complete the sim is beginning to look. The trailer shows the pushback and baggage handlers etc but I can’t recall a single video/screenshot since.

My little finger tells me this is what they are working on now...

One of the developers (sorry can't remember his name) said that after the four (world, weather, aerodynamics & cockpits) there would be others. And he mentioned airports as one of them, so let's hope they go into some more details of what we can expect in airports. And I wouldn't be surprised if we see something about ground crews, pushback and equipment etc.

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Also, in P3D AI aircraft look a little ridiculous because of the "jerky" change of direction, maybe Asobo can add a little more smoothness to the movement of AI aircraft.

• Like 1

Matthew S

Yes but not everything will be perfect on first release. They only started development 3 years ago. What we have seen so far after only 3 years work is outstanding.

Edited by Greazer
  • Like 1

The ‘Better Pushback’ style editor is good, but I’d prefer not to draw it every time. It should save the route per location and or aircraft 

From what I have seen with GSX, it's not as intuitive/simple to set up as Better pushback, and it shouldn't be hard to set up a save funktion for every pushback or for certain aircrafts. But let's wait and see what they come up with.

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft