Sign in to follow this  
pedwards

The end of a 15 year 'relationship'

Firstly, this is not meant to be a dramatic 'I'm leaving' post. My aim is purely to express in a public forum, why I will be requesting removal of my Avsim account.

As an avid flight simmer, I have purchased £1000's on software, from aircraft to scenery, from weather programs to other utilities. During my 30 plus years of flight simming I have purchased some truly wonderful add-ons, but I have also spent a lot on poor products, not because I want a collection of poor products, but because I did not know they were bad. When I joined Avsim I finally had a reliable 'go to', a site with forums that can help me establish the good from the bad, before I spent my hard earned money. With the release of a recent product, I have been more than disappointed that posts and threads have been deleted or closed, conversations that may help me decide if I should buy. I joined Avsim in 2004, but I today ask for my account to be removed. 

Paul

• Like 1

Paul Edwards

3 hours ago, pedwards said:

I have been more than disappointed that posts and threads have been deleted or closed, conversations that may help me decide if I should buy. I joined Avsim in 2004, but I today ask for my account to be removed. 

Paul

Sorry to see you go.  We try to maintain a fair and balanced form that’s also family friendly and as a result of that, sometimes threads are closed or hidden. We understand that we can’t please everybody as hard as we may try. I will have your account closed.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 hours ago, pedwards said:

I joined Avsim in 2004, but I today ask for my account to be removed. 

I will delete your account but I can make it inactive too in case you ever desire to return.  I have seen a lot of members, who requested to have their account deleted, later query whether they can return.  To me it makes no sense to have your account deleted and your longevity at AVSIM removed forever.  The AVSIM Terms of Service (written by the late owner, Tom) states the following:

Account Deletion: If YOU REQUEST to have your account deleted, be advised that we interpret that as you not wanting to have anything further to do with AVSIM. We will immediately honor your request. In keeping with our interpretation of a request for account deletion, we will also remove your ability to access the forums and the file library in the future.

Please use the AVSIM Contact system (see Contact Us Tab above) to request your account be deleted as this forum is used by members to request help using the forums.  Thanks.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10