Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Comprehensive Survey

MY VA sent me this link this morning. Takes about 15 minutes to complete survey. 

https://flightsimexpo.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ee033eac77a37174bf05a2af7&id=62abb920d9&e=42c2b63c3f

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Took it!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I did too, but got the impression that this survey is mainly related to MFS2020, Questions relating to Xbox  and whether people would be happy to have a subscription, etc.  As I mentioned in another posts MFS2020 will likely be subscription based in order to access all the lovely Bing Maps scenery, possibly also able to not subscribe and then get degraded scenery.  Not seen any posts commenting about this possible side of the proposed 2020. Microsoft is geared towards subscription services, they have done it with the Office 365, Xbox, and other in house software.

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

I did too, but got the impression that this survey is mainly related to MFS2020, Questions relating to Xbox  and whether people would be happy to have a subscription, etc.  As I mentioned in another posts MFS2020 will likely be subscription based in order to access all the lovely Bing Maps scenery, possibly also able to not subscribe and then get degraded scenery.  Not seen any posts commenting about this possible side of the proposed 2020. Microsoft is geared towards subscription services, they have done it with the Office 365, Xbox, and other in house software.

You haven't seen such topic because people are sticking with the official information they have, which right now is related to developers saying they know what the market is used to and will do what they are used to, and previously also said they prefere not to make it as a subscribtion based product. Things can of course change, but this is what we have right now from the official channels

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

I did not get the impression it had much to do with MSFS at all.  There were only about 2 questions about MSFS.  It sounded to me like they were focused more on questions about flight planning software and how likely we would would be to pay a subscription for things like that and other addons such weather, aircraft, scenery, etc.  

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I felt like nodding off during the survey. Way too long for my preference, but at least they get a better outcome from it.

I feel like I lost brain cells taking that survey, if that's even still possible for me.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

11 minutes ago, Mace said:

I feel like I lost brain cells taking that survey, if that's even still possible for me.

Nope not possible!  hah!

I admit it was a little lengthy but I hope they collect some good info.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ye gods! Didn't that go on. I liked the very last question 'Is there anything we haven't asked?' I put 'Yes, my inside leg measurement'

• Like 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

That survey challenged my attention span and lost.😮 Maybe I'll try again later...

I did take the survey but feel it's results will be suspect .  From the way it was presented,  I'll be able to take the survey more than once or maybe more at each of the sponsors.  So saying "no" repeatedly to the same question can really skew the results. I can show you how FS2004 is the one main simulator or "other" the navdata leader. Someone retired, like me, could take surveys all day long.

In short,  a good idea that was poorly implemented. 

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

13 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

It's a possibility of course, but at the moment there's exactly ZERO games on the Microsoft store that you can play only by subscription. And I don't think that MSFS will be the first one. I hope. 

Edited by Korundar

MSI Tomahawk B550, Ryzen 5800X3D, Gigabyte RTX 4070 Gaming OC, LG Ultragear 27GP850P, 32GB DDR4 RAM, ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280

I think we know MSFS is not subscription but that's not to say the full streaming 4K version may need game pass to run it, that's not that bad you only have to pay for the month to try it, we will probably have to wait till next year to find out they are keeping it a secret.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Kudos to this questionnaire.   Well worth taking the time to fill out if you into this hobby.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

15 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Ye gods! Didn't that go on. I liked the very last question 'Is there anything we haven't asked?' I put 'Yes, my inside leg measurement'

🤣