Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Beware of Un-installing FSX demo 2 - May affect FS9

Guys,Just a quick heads up, it may just be me, but last night I unistalled the FSX Demo (v2) and it hosed some registry settings for my FS9 installation, notably for the Reality XP GNS in the DF Beech A36 and the installer for REP.Flights would not load in FS9 with any aircraft. Took me a while to restore the registry.Be careful.......

it did it to me. Read in another thread to use the Flight1 registry restoration tool. Worked like a champ.Caveat Emptor!bt

Where can I find the registry restoration tool? I have done a search, but cannot locate it.James

Uninstalling the FSX Demo V2 also removes the registry information for FS2002!! :-roll. Luckily AFCAD came to the rescue :D. I opened AFCAD and a dialog box appeared. I had to show the location of the FS directory and it then gave me an option to fix the registry :)

Guest kurtj

I only have Demo (V1) I don't use it though since I did have a hard lockup during downloading real weather. I use Fs9 okay, but I haven't bothered uninstalling (V1) Does anyone know if V1 affects your registry like V2? I also created a restore point before installing this so I could go back. Perhaps with V2 have anyone tried making a restore point before installation and going back to the restored point after uninstallation of the FSX demo? Would this bring the registry back? Any info would be great.Thank You,Kurt.

Guest rpjkw1155

I had no problems at all when I uninstalled Demo 1. I later installed Demo 2, so I hope my luck will still hold when I dump it.Bob

Guest JimC1702

I had no problems uninstalling the first demo, but when I uninstalled the second one, it hosed my registry. Fortunately the file from Flight 1 fixed it, quick and easy.Jim