Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

Anyone find FS-X in Canada ?

Calgary Bestbuy's and Futureshop's didnt get FS-X in as expected today.Same with EB Games and Walmart. Also looks like BB and FS only list the standard as coming in...Anyone find FS-X or FS-X deluxe in Canada, where?

>Calgary Bestbuy's and Futureshop's didnt get FS-X in as>expected today.>Same with EB Games and Walmart. >>Also looks like BB and FS only list the standard as coming>in...>>Anyone find FS-X or FS-X deluxe in Canada, where?I just phoned my Best Buy and Futureshop here in Ottawa, the guys said that they don't have it in yet, but they just might get the shipments today, or maybe tomorrow. Better than the US situation, where some BB's are waiting until the 17th lol, here FS and BB actually had ads for the "early" FSX release. I'll try again later today. They've still got the entire afternoon and evening to get FSX in.Yea, I know that is sucks that they appear to be only advertising the Standard Edition, but I wouldn't be surprised if they in fact do have Deluxes coming in as well.

Guest dutton

Am I the first??? London, Ontario rules! ;)I bought two (1 for me and 1 for the son) about an hour ago at EBgames. They only had two deluxes and three standard versions... but the Future Shops and Best Buys here in London will be putting them out on the shelves this afternoon sometime. I tallied between them there should be over 100 copies of each just for the three stores.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

The Source (formerly Radio Shack) has them listed on line at $79.99 Can., but they won't be in stock till Oct 10.I should check EB games in the Durham Ontario region. How much did you pay for them in London, Ont?Ron

Ron Service

Same on the west coast. I was in a Future Shop about an hour ago. The guy in the software dept opened every box that came in last night. No FSX. He told me to try later when their "afternoon" delivery comes in.Got home and phoned a Best Buy. I was told they expected it last nightbut it didn't show up....said to call later as they also get a late delivery.FaxCap

Does the standard or deluxe version include any Canadian cities with higher detail?Anyone find a list of specific differences between versions, I just seen general differences.

CYYZ detailed airport is included in Deluxe. Not in Standard. (AFAIK)

Guest Captain Behrentzs

List of detailed citys and airports in FSX:http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3967/sceneryfileseq3.jpgKey Differences Deluxe vs Standard: Deluxe * 24 airplanes * 45 detailed airports * 38 detailed cities * 50+ structured missions * Glass panel (G1000) cockpit * Tower controller Standard Standard * 18 airplanes * 40 detailed airports * 28 detailed cities * 30+ structured missions ---------------------------------------Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkhttp://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4853/bannerigifru8.gifALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com

FS & BB said maybe later today out in Coquitlam, BC. As for improved Canadian airports I found that Vancouver and Toronto are the 2 that received more detail.Here is a list of Airports and regions that have been improved which are contained in the deluxe version:City, Country/RegionAirport Name International IdentifierAmsterdam, NetherlandsSchiphol EHAMAnchorage, USAStevens Anchorage PANCAuckland, NZAuckland NZAABeijing, ChinaBeijing ZBAABoston, USA*Logan KBOSChicago, USAChicago O'Hare KORDCopenhagen, DenmarkKastrup EKCHDallas, USADallas/Fort Worth KDFWDenver, USADenver KDENDetroit, USA*Detroit Metro Wayne Co. KDTWFrankfurt, GermanyFrankfurt/Main EDDFHelsinki, FinlandMalmi EFHFHong Kong, ChinaHong Kong VHHHKill Devil Hills, USAFirst Flight (Kitty Hawk) KFFALas Vegas, USAMcCarran KLASLondon, United KingdomHeathrow EGGLLos Angeles, USALAX KLAXMadrid, SpainBarajas LEMDMexico City, MexicoBenito Juarez MMMXMiami, USAMiami KMIAMinneapolis, USA*Minneapolis-St Paul KMSPNarita, JapanNarita RJAANew York, USAKennedy KJFKOshkosh, USAWittman Regional KOSHOslo, NorwayGardermoen ENGMParis, FranceCharles De Gaulle LFPGPhoenix, USAPhoenix Sky Harbor KPHXRio de Janeiro, BrazilGaleao-Antonio C Jobim SBGLRome, ItalyFiumicino LIRFSalt Lake City, USASalt Lake City KSLCSeattle, USASeattle-Tacoma KSEASeoul, South KoreaRKSI IncheonSt Louis, USA*Lambert-St. Louis KSTLSt Martin, Netherlands AntillesPrincess Juliana and Grand Case TNCM and TFFGStockholm, SwedenArlanda ESSASydney, AustraliaKingsford Smith YSSYTaipei, TaiwanChiang Kai Shek RCTPToronto, Canada*Toronto Pearson CYYZVancouver, CanadaVancouver CYVRWashington, D.C., USARonald ReaganWashington National KDCACheere,

\Robert Hamlich/

Great thanks! Looks like deluxe is the way to go for us up north. Now just wait for it to arrive and hope they have the right version in stock.

Finished teaching my class, postponed my officework until tomorrow morning, and left my office at Kwantlen University College early :-) just to see if FSX was anywhere to be found in Surrey. Success! I bought FSX Deluxe at FutureShop in Surrey (Scott Road and 76 Avenue).As of 1:45 p.m., the FSX Deluxe and FSX Standard packages were not on the shelf yet but were in storage boxes by the shelves. Picking a package out of the box, I asked one of the sales associates if I could buy FSX Deluxe in spite of the fact that it wasn't labelled, the answer to which was something about stocking the shelves later today but no problem buying now. Yeah!I would imagine that within the next hour or so, FSX will be on the shelves at FutureShops around Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.Now to install it....Joel @ CYVR (not far from CYNJ, really)

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Forgot to mention the cost:$79.99 + PST/GST = $90.39. A bargain, really, considering all the hours of entertainment I'll enjoy over the next three or so years.Joel @ CYVR (not far from CYNJ, really)

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Guest SJDickson

I was in the FutureShop in Victoria about 1/2 hour ago and there was no sign of it. Thought about checking Walmart and EBGames while I was in the area but then thought that I wouldn't have time to install and play it until next week at the earliest, so what's the rush?

Guest 777LR

Surrey BB has the FSX according to the BB site. I live in Vancouver so i'm going wait until a local FS or BB stocks up.

>As of 1:45 p.m., the FSX Deluxe and FSX Standard packages were>not on the shelf yet but were in storage boxes by the shelves.> Picking a package out of the box, I asked one of the sales>associates if I could buy FSX Deluxe in spite of the fact that>it wasn't labelled, the answer to which was something about>stocking the shelves later today but no problem buying now. >Yeah!>>I would imagine that within the next hour or so, FSX will be>on the shelves at FutureShops around Vancouver and the Lower>Mainland.>>Now to install it....>>Joel @ CYVR (not far from CYNJ, really)Hi JoelI was about 1 hour behind you at the 75th & Scott Road Future Shop.I was there when they opened and was told to try later.The boxes are now labelled and on the shelves. I would say there are about a dozen of each left on the shelves.Now to install FSX Deluxe on that brand new never been kissed hard drive! :-)FaxCap