Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

We Are Hurting BB and others By BLABBING on These Forums...FSX Release

Guest flynman3

A freind of mine was in a Seattle area Best Buy this morning seeing if they had any copies of FSX....they called the back stockroom and they said they had 5 cases with 5 more to come...my freind asked if he could get a copy and was told no!!! not until the 16th....WELL!!! the BB district manger happened to be around the corner when my freind had said that many BB around the country had already began to release it....The DM wanted to know how he knew that and told him its all over Avsim and Flightsim.com of releases....he went to their web browser and spent five minutes researching then dissapeared behind the GEEK ZONE....after a while he came out and thanked my freind for the info.....Basicly by us all on here saying we got FSX here or we got FSX there we are putting BB in jeopardy as the official release date they are bound to is 10/16...the Dist Manager is now obligated to writting a report as he has confirmed that it has been sold in other regions...this has created a mess for them as well as they must try to avoid a MAJOR FINE from MSFSX...he told my freind that the stores he knows that have already began the SELF DISSCLOSER prosses to MS in hopes to avoid a 10K fine per unit....they probably will be fined something in cash...I know many of you will say that it is not our fault but if you have any respect for release dates then you to are to be held accountable..Once again Good going to the RATS****************************************I would like to Ask AVSIM editors/moderators to remove post of the release nature that indicate early releases as well as any screenshots that claim they are from the final release copy.....you are damaging your relationship with Microsoft...

Guest bigun

"I know many of you will say that it is not our fault but if you have any respect for release dates then you to are to be held accountable"???? I don't. Why should I have "respect" for release dates. Release dates are purely a marketing decision to assure that stores have it in stock, advertising is in force, etc, etc, etc.There is not, IMHO, ANYTHING dishonest, underhanded, illegal or immoral about walking in a store, paying your money and buying a product. Regardless of when it is "supposed" to be available.I'm very glad folks on this forun did indeed keep us posted on availablity.

Guest superman32870

I live in Tampa Fl and just picked my copy up at Walmart today.

So we have to bear the responsibility of Best Buy getting fined (assuming that even happens)? I've got enough going on in my life -- I don't need to take that on as well.Sorry. If an item is on the shelf of a major consumer store, and I exchange money for said object, where exactly have I committed some sort of immoral act?Do you think Best Buy cares about you, other than how they've defined you as a profile in their marketing plan?

>Once again Good going to the RATSSqueek, Squeek, Squeek...Best Buy gets exactly what they've earned and it's abosolutly nobody's fault but their own. And for asking Avsim to remove all these posts? Why should they? They helped inform MS as to exactly what's going on?Get off the soap-box...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

If Best Buy stores did not keep their business agreement; it is not our fault because we are talking about it here on this forum.If they would had honored their part of the agreement they would not have this problem. It is their fault not the community's

They hurt themselves, buy not communicating their business requirements in a timely manner throughout their company.All companies have policies and procedures, once they put a product on the shelf for sale, the customer is not bound by any restraint whether to buy or not.

Guest flynman3

I can remember when FS9 was released back in 2003 several members here on Avsim had retail copys on their hardrives a week early and came to Avsim as well as FS.com to post screenshots as well as A....HEY CoCo Beach BB has it on there shelves right now......I remember Tom Alensworth or it may have been John Travensdale finally coming on the forums and saying that anyone who posted screenshots or locations of stores that were early releasors would have their threads removed and deleted as well as screenshots...WHY !!!...what was the reason????...possible Liabilty to MS. Infact I remember the threat of deletion from Avsim completly.Why are we being hypocrites NOW ?????

Guest flynman3

I can remember when FS9 was released back in 2003 several members here on Avsim had retail copys on their hardrives a week early and came to Avsim as well as FS.com to post screenshots as well as A....HEY CoCo Beach BB has it on there shelves right now......I remember Tom Alensworth or it may have been John Travensdale finally coming on the forums and saying that anyone who posted screenshots or locations of stores that were early releasors would have their threads removed and deleted as well as screenshots...WHY !!!...what was the reason????...possible Liabilty to MS. Infact I remember the threat of deletion from Avsim completly.Why are we being hypocrites NOW ?????

Guest SoarPics

"they probably will be fined something in cash..."So be it! That is not, however, any concern to the consumer.In all the posts from folks who bought the sim early at BB I have not read anything about any of them holding the store hostage in order to get a copy. They walked in and were allowed by the BB employees to purchase the product. It was Best Buy's doing... let Best Buy pay any fines.Greg

To the original poster:Biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard.As for the other topic in this thread;If AVSIM decides to ban posts / screenshots from the retail before the release date, well that would just be the icing on a really stupid cake.

Guest archtx

Sorry Flynman....this sounds like sour grapes! Let me guess, you can't find it anywhere?