Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

We Are Hurting BB and others By BLABBING on These Forums...FSX Release

Guest bigun

The only thread that needs removal is this one.This clown in posting the same drival on the other major FS sites.

>To the original poster:>>Biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard.>Certainly some of the worst English grammar and spelling.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest archtx

We need to let Bill Gates know that Aces released some screenshots over a month ago!

IMHO, they hurt THEMSELVES by ignoring the "Do not release until October 16th/17th/whatever)" notice on the packages. It's not our fault they chose to ignore the notice, posting about it anywhere on the internet is not the problem.If they really wanted to protect themselves from being fined by Microsoft, then they should have respected the notice on the packages indicating the earliest day the product could go onto store shelves. Instead, they put the product on the shelves, and of course the public is going to buy it if it's on the shelf... They chose to ignore it, and they got called on it. Simple as that. If they had obeyed the release date, then they wouldn't be in this trouble. End of story.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

It sounds like you take BB's side then AVSIM management's then MS's side. Then you turn around and call the simmers who don't think this is their problem hypocrites. If there is a conflit, bigger or smaller, it's BB and MS's business. And I'm sure it's no big deal for those big guys. We pay the retail when we see it on the shelf. And what's wrong with saying we did so in a comunity forum? So MS found out and might fine BB, then let them hire an attorney and go for it. How is it your responsibility to point fingers at people here? If MS doesn't like the posts they'll send and email and I'm sure AVSIM will do what they wish. Stop kicking dirty and being a busy body.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest eashouse

First thing that went thru my mind was it sounds like a whiney kid!Either that or somebody owns some BB stock. If that's the case, might want to dump 'em! :D

I didn't read the thread, but this post has got to be the absolute stupidest post ever created on this forum.

Guest Babubhai

Here we go again...........

Guest nem

>I would like to Ask AVSIM editors/moderators to remove post of>the release nature that indicate early releases as well as any>screenshots that claim they are from the final release>copy.....you are damaging your relationship with Microsoft...And you are obviously damaging your relationship with reality.You know, there are lots of noble causes out there worth fighting for: world peace, ending hunger, saving the rain forests, humanitarian projects all over the place, getting George Lucas to retreat from the movie industrie (oh wait, he just announced he'll do that) - just to name a few.But this? Come on.Regards,http://www.bremmekamp.com/img/misc/avsim.jpg

Would it not be reasonable that if a certain store were to OUTSELL every other store with a lot of preleases, that MS would then be ######, and obliged to use their "fine" option?? cause the other stores would not make many sales. I think that is one of the major reasons behind this release date, a widespread inclusion used to protect the sellability of stock?But in our case , maybe the store in my town sold only one copy as it was under lock and key and I asked for it (and got a copy YES !!)This would not effect the sellability as they only have about 5 copies anyway.BTW it took 35 minutes to install from Disk 1 of 2.....

Guest emkramer

x(Besides, Best Buy sucks (though it didn't stop me from buying my copy yesterday :)

Dear fellow rats, :)I hear the conductor......... "get on board the guilt train". LOL.What a silly concept and I'm glad we have a forum that allows communication. Best buys electric bill is larger than most people salaries over the same period; they can afford it. The same exact thing happened with the release of FS9 and Harry Potter and etc ..... etc. I doubt MS's advertising campaign has been derailed and final sales figures lowered. So what is the damages? NOTHING. I'm glad some "stuck it to the man". LOL. (mobile phone commercial)Bob..

Guest Peter Bowcut

Yes, I remember when FS2004 was sold two weeks early at my local Wal-Mart here in Cleveland a while back. An undercover informant tipped off Federal authorities and a FBI SWAT team, backed-up my Microsoft enforcement agents, raided the store later that week to seize the copies of Flight Simulator from the retail shelves. Tragically, 9 persons were shot during the raid. The store manager was arrested and tried for both treason and EULA violations, later being sentenced to three consecutive life terms. Most of the Wal-Mart clerks were also detained and transported to Guantanemo Bay, Cuba for interrogation, without ever being charged. There were even rumors of torture involved......I think it's safe to say Microsoft takes these release date very seriously, and I for one am terrified to even walk by a Best Buy until this stuff blows over.

Guest archtx

LOL...wish I'd said that!One good thing....posts like these help us that don't have it pass the time!

Guest archtx

I REMEMBER THAT!!!A friend of my sister's son's girlfriend told her about it!