Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

We Are Hurting BB and others By BLABBING on These Forums...FSX Release

This thread sure started with a load of crap but man does it get funnier and funnier! We've got some humorous people here.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Do any of you really have a clue?????Just asking for context here.I went to my local wal-mart, where they had FSX-Standard on the shelf but not Deluxe.I asked the manager there if they had deluxe and she said not yet, and then I asked her why this was on the shelf when the release date was the 17th.Her response was this. PARAPHRASED*" We do not have the same requirements as we have for Music DVD's, and we can place it on the shelves when we get it."So all this stuff about fines and all. Are you all 100% fact driven that these stores have to honor PC Game release dates, or is it only a suspicion of yours.I ask this because I thought it was interesting that a wal-mart person would specifically say they don't have to honor it, without me prompting for that response.Now technically, yes this is a DVD release, but unless someone posts the actual agreement, can't you all just be happy and go buy the new version.If it's out near you, great, if you have to wait another week or two, big deal, as IMHO, it really isn't going to affect your life over that time frame is it, unless you get ulcers awaiting its' release.Regards,Joe (Still don't have it, and can wait a couple weeks too)PS- I really don't care about release dates, as once it is in the system, everyone should just sell the thing. I'm not really big on marketing ploys, and I can practice delayed gratification very well, especially if it saves me a few bucks.

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Ok, now that was a funny post. Well done.I also went by the Best Buy without going in, as their were sveral VW Beetles outside with Guys with sunglasses casing the lot. They had to be in on the Raid stuff.

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

while release dates are pointless and marketing gimics, your friend was not too smart for claiming that best buys all around the country were selling it and we all can thank him for his big mouth

If Mikeysoft is so worried about release dates for FSX then allthey have to do is not allow ACTIVATION until the specified release date. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

ANy FS or any affiliated store which includes BB should get fined. After my last 3 purchases with FS i detest even driving by FS now. They have the crummiest customer service.Jack

Very, very, good point Paul. Even tdragger said to go ahead and activiate it. Pure logic! I like it....He he he, I had to unsusbscribe from this thread. You guys are filling up my inbox with post-notices faster than I could read them.I'm glad someone comes along allowing us to focus all our FSX-less past-time and energy to debate grand-issues like this, LOL... It gets funnier with each FS release. Oh, maybe that's just me getting older and my sense-of-humor has gotten better....:-xxrotflmao

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Why do some feel compelled to dwell negatively on such a trivial subject. A few years from now, when all is forgotten, history will repeat. Obtuse personal attacks seem to be seeking almost any venue. Examine your posts and think if you might have just moved on. Yep, I am guilty but this pentup anger is annoying. It has become the norm and the right of people to express themselves against others in a manner that they feel comfortable with. Somehow these messages just seem impolite at best.Dick BoleyDelmont, PA

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest killerwatt

"I know many of you will say that it is not our fault but if you have any respect for release dates then you to are to be held accountable" Sorry but if BB had any respect for release dates then they would never have allowed this debacle to descend upon themselves. When these people who purchased the sim from their shops, they did so because it was placed openly on sale. They were not privy to the private agreements which may or may not have been made between BB and MS. Therefore there is no reason why they shouldnt feel free to come on these or any other forum and anounce that they have the sim in their posession. To blame the customer for the indiscretions of the real culprit is in this case utterly ridiculous.

Well, this has to be one of the more entertaining threads I have read in awhile. Talk about wrong headed logic...BB violates a contract.Notification of that violation is spread around the net.Customers flock in to buy the product that was released by BB in violation of that contract.Somehow, that's the customer's fault and AVSIM's too.Sorry, that doesn't wash with me.As for the person that stated that we pulled threads like this in an earlier release, please get your facts correct. We pulled threads that violated the NDA's that were being violated. Not anything related to this incident or even similar. Now I am locking this thread.

Guest killerwatt

Please Tom, dont even think of pulling this thread! It will save so much time when FSXI is released if this thread is still here so we can just bump it back up to the front page:+

It really has nothing to do with BB's "respect" for release dates, rather, it has a LOT to do with how things go on over there. The PC Software Department/Area doesn't get a whole lot of attention these days at BB (at least not at the one I worked at). This often led to complacency on their part. I wouldn't say it's a lack of respect as much as I would just blame complete irresponsibility on their part.Since it would be unreasonable to suggest that each store that broke street date called the next store and told them to release, and then called the next store, and then called the next store, etc.. etc.. I am more inclined to believe that many stores were just simply not paying attention to what they were doing and got complacent. Many BB employees, both current and former, I'm sure can attest to the fact that things don't always quite work too smoothly over there. While I was working there, I saw a TON of times where the entire place was just a cluster****. It eventually got so bad at our store, that our sales manager quit and took about 5 of us with him over to CompUSA, all in the course of about 3 weeks. I'm not saying all stores are like this, but I would guess if our managers sucked as much as they did, quite a few managers at other stores did/do as well.It is unfortunate that many people seemed to pick the product up on Tuesday, and here it is Thursday and stores are STILL selling it. The only way to make stores pay closer attention to street dates is too hit them with a rather sizable penalty when it is violated so the stores will remember the next time.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3