Sign in to follow this  
Guest Freddy Wilhelmsen

Anyone able to get TrackIr working in FSX

Guest ryebred

I just installed FSX which I obtained at my local Best Buy in San Jose, California and noticed that Track IR didn't work out the box. So, I went to the Naturalpoint website and downloaded the FSX Beta 3 drivers and it still did not work. Before I give up and wait until they release the official full version drivers, has anyone had any success getting Track IR to work in FSX? It is so hard to fly having to scroll my view around with my hat switch. hehRyan

Guest dpc

Naturalpoint will be releasing the config files any time now. You need them for the device to recognize the game.Dave

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Yes, we are wanting on a release copy of FSX here, so we can rebuild the driver files. Hopefully shouldn't take to much time to do. It's now just a matter of getting the software into the developer's hands.I will get them posted as soon as possible, as I want to "test" it out as well. ;)

Guest Bottle

You mean with all the free copies MS have been sending out to people, they didn't send one simple copy to you, a major generic component of the FSX experience?! Someone's brain must have been on holiday.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Nope the drivers currently listed only work for the Beta software, not the final copy version.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Ok, I hear that you all might enjoy new drivers for FSX RTM and TrackIR.......... I've just released drivers to our website with support for FSX - retail version. They can be found here. http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-sup...nd-manuals.htmlOr downloaded directly from the following link.http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/Tra...29.alpha.03.exeand now sit back and enjoy the flight.

Guest brannons

I got the trackir 4 working with the beta. I had to download a fsx trackir zip file, and extract the files into the trackir install directoery, overwriting the latest trackir driver files. The went to update(in the trackir software)and it worked. I just followed the directions, and it worked for me. It took me acouple of times though to figure out that I had to download a zip file specefic to get the trackir working with fsx.

Guest overdrive

Thanks for the update! I just got back from work and I'm going to download and test this tonight if time allows :)

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Let me know how the new software is working for you. ;)

Guest Panther13

Hello Vince,basically my TrackIR 4 works well with the Build 29 Alpha 3. Nice experience in FSX! :)Some issues I discovered:- when entering the plane, I always look straight down and have to re-center using F12. Same applies if I look down during flight - the view is then centered down and locked there, only way to get back to front view is pressing F12 again.- the spot plane view can only be changed using the TrackIR if the TrackIR is active - this is somewhat annoying, being able to change the spot direction 'the usual way' while being able to use TrackIR in the cockpit would be a lot better!Besides that minor issues, TrackIR proves again as an ideal addition to FSX - especially for the 3D cockpit fans like me!

Hi,Downloaded and installed latest version of the software, FSX now appears in the list of available profiles, heads move correctly in the View Heads option but does not work in FSX... Anyone any ideas?CheersMike

Same issue here, Works fine with FS9 but not FSX. uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but still no go.Contacted vince at natural point. Awaiting a fix from them.

Robin