Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

Will FS2020 Support Multi Core CPU's?

I am a kindred spirit who has been flight simming since fs9. I have almost every flight sim available to me and in its last iteration, my computer had xp 11, fsx steam and p3d. All of which I have spent thousands of dollars on, over the years. In my new pc I will have multiple cores and a gtx 1080 with 8 gig of ram, assisting in the rendering. Has there been any indication from the Developers, whether the code will support multiple core processors and utilise them for enhanced performance?

Yes it has been said by a dev it uses all cores

Edit read it in an interview yesterday but there's so many interviews going around so can't find it

Edited by Theboot100

It was re-mentionned in the french interview of the Asobo CEO, shared in this forum yesterday

... despite « using » multi-core is not the automatic garantee than it’s optimized accordingly but let’s trust Asobo. We are in 2019 and FS2020 seems not being developed with 2000 technology.

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Asobo Sébastien Wloch said it will use all the cores but he didn’t say how which is the crucial point. P3D already uses all the cores but for ancillary tasks. I am confident that there will be a technological leap here though but again it is too early to draw conclusions about the best hardware required,

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, domkle said:

but again it is too early to draw conclusions about the best hardware required,

Yes indeed.   Number of cores vs clock speed tests will have to be carried out, and my choice between Intel and AMD will be based purely on MSFS FPS.

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

If they want it to run well on the Xbox One family, then it will have to. The consoles have lots of cores and threads, but at a very low clock speed in order to keep power consumption and thermals in check.

Anyway, right now it appears to be quite intensive on the GPU, as the RTX 2080 Ti on the Global Preview and X019 events was getting 30-40 FPS at 4K. But they did say in an interview that there is still plenty of optimisation to be done, which is why they can't talk about the system requirements yet.

It could be that the new 16 or 32 core CPUs from AMD will be the new CPU kings to have for MSFS2020. 

But, no one except Asobo, really know for sure at this time. 

I just bought the 8 core I9 9900KS, but really do not know if it was the best thing for MSFS2020. 

Hope they share some info about the best specs to have to fully utilize the MSFS2020 multi core technology. 

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Asobo Studio are game developers who have written other games for consoles. They know how to develop modern games.

It would be much more surprising if MSFS didn't utilise multi-core CPUs and high-end GPUs to their absolute fullest.

1 hour ago, roarkr said:

It could be that the new 16 or 32 core CPUs from AMD will be the new CPU kings to have for MSFS2020. 

Don't forget new xbox and playstation will be on amd ryzen not intel 

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10