Sign in to follow this  
Guest kittie

Are there any simmer's wife countermeasures?

Seeing as that I just blew $75 on FSX Deluxe, the thought has occured to me that my wife may likely kill me when she gets home from work.Now, in the past, I've tried other countermeasures, but they don't seem to work;I tried throwing strips of tinfoil at her in case her radar was on, but she just looks at me and then tells me to pick them up. Now I've spent money and tossed stuff around the house.I tried throwing road flares behind me while I'm running away, but that just burns the carpet.I tried buying flowers, but eventually the flowers die and then she thinks of death and that carries over to me and flight simming.I try taking her on trips, but then she checks the bank statements and my purchases for FS pop up on the list. We'll be out of town, so that would make it harder for the Police to find my body.Hmmm, what to do...what to do???

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest dpc

Tell her that your girl friend bought it for you. That should divert her attention from the game. Once you tell her you were only joking and you get her calmed down maybe the fact that you don't actually have a girl friend will take the sting out of having bought the game.Dave

Whenever my wife puts her hands on her hips and stares at me for a "non essential purchase" I confidently utter the phrase:"Honey, it's cheaper than a psychiatrist". It carried me through the PFC throttle quadrant and Go Flight incidents last year. :) Bob...

I am thinking you should start practicing eating a lot of kimchee... Because shortly you will be in it deep. :)

>I am thinking you should start practicing eating a lot of>kimchee... Because shortly you will be in it deep. :)LMAO!!Tim :D

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest SoarPics

Shane, you forgot about "Married Math". It is what dictates the true price of anything a husband buys. It's not like any other kind of math because there is no right answer. The final "true" cost of your sim will be determined by what your wife decides to buy to "balance" your purchase. You'll know the final cost of your sim when she tells you, "Since you bought your game I bought XXXXXXX" (to wives our sim is nothing more than a game... truly sad that they don't understand).In the end don't waste your time doing the Married Math. You will only find it frustrating. Be happy just that she finally closes the books on the deal, and above all else have fun with the new sim (you lucky bugger :-) ).Greg

That wasn't very smart now was it? :) You should have paid for FSX in cash. Then installed it in a deeply nested directory in windows (not under MS games). Then you should have removed any desktop shortcuts or FSX menu items and hid the box. Then you would be ok cause I doubt she will notice much difference in the graphics :-lol.

Try disabling the WIFEDAR, by creating a splash screen which has the wording FSX Demo....lol

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

>Try disabling the WIFEDAR, by creating a splash screen which>has the wording FSX Demo....lolLmaoSome good suggestions out there.I know all about Married Math. I gave up on that a LONG time ago. :-lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest allcott

Set a day aside each week for several weeks. Change the screensaver, change the layout of the icons, or even create a separate user account for simming, as I did. Ask her if she's got anything on the computer she doesn't need as you're thinking of reinstalling. Offer to dump all those photos she never looks at!Create a climate of change, then go buy your new hardware and FSX addons, but not on the family credit card you usually use. When she comes home and finds you buried in the innards of the computer you can casually announce you are `reinstalling`, and the problem goes away. When she logs on she knows it doesn't look the same, again - but she doesn't know why. Worried, she checks her photo files and finds all her photos of her beloved mother and her brooomstick still in place. She breathes a sigh of relief: You're safe.This message will self destruct in ten seconds.Allcott

You think you have it rough? I just told my wife I ordered a $4000.00 computer. Add the $75.00, and that's $4075.00 PLUS Tax and delivery. I WISH it were just $75.00. ALL for FSX. Stan

I guess I'm lucky that my wife alternates her "entertainment time" between The Sims 2 and World of Warcraft. Me buying FSX means we get quality time together... you know... uh... in the same room and all...It's neat too. I balance out her "Hey, honey, check out my new AOE spell!" with my "Did I ever show you the Kai-Tek approach?" We tend to cancel eachother out, which works out in the end. ;)

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.